Detailseite wird geladen...
Code Choice in the Language Classroom argues that the foreign language classroom is and should be regarded as a multilingual community of practice rather than as a perpetually deficient imitator of an exclusive second-language environment. From a sociocultural and ecological perspective, Levine guides the reader through a theoretical, empirical and pedagogical treatment of the important roles of the first language, and of code-switching practices, in the language classroom. Intended for SLA researchers, language teachers, language program directors, and graduate students of foreign languages and literatures, the book develops a framework for thinking about all aspects of code choice in the language classroom and offers concrete proposals for designing and carrying out instruction in a multilingual classroom community of practice. "An extremely timely book on one of the most vexing issues in foreign language teaching: how much codeswitching is acceptable or even desirable in the 21st century 12 classroom? Through a sound theoretical framework and concrete pedagogical examples, Glenn Levine develops an exciting, innovative multilingual approach to curriculum design, teaching, and articulation that engages the students in the co-construction of code choice conventions."---Claire Kramsch, University of California at Berkeley, USA Books
Nr. Shipping costs:, , zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
Paperback, [PU: Channel View Publications Ltd], This book argues that the foreign language classroom should be regarded as a multilingual community of practice. From a sociocultural and ecological position, Levine guides the reader through a theoretical, empirical, and pedagogical treatment of the important roles of the first language, and of code-switching practices, in the language classroom., Language Teaching Theory & Methods
Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei. (EUR 0.00)
2018, ISBN: 9781847693327
Letzte Aktualisierung am: 22.01.2018 11:38:39 Binding: Taschenbuch, Label: None, Publisher: None, NumberOfItems: 1, medium: Taschenbuch, numberOfPages: 208, publicationDate: 2011-01-01, authors: Levine, Glenn S., languages: english, ISBN: 1847693326 Bücher, Levine, Glenn S.
Nr. M01847693326. Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei ab einem Warenkorbwert von 10€, 1-3 Tage, zzgl. Versandkosten., plus shipping costs
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Details of the book - Code Choice in the Language Classroom
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781847693327
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1847693326
Publishing year: 2011
Publisher: MULTILINGUAL MATTERS LTD
Book in our database since 23.12.2012 09:31:54
Book found last time on 29.08.2018 23:15:20
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Code Choice in the Language Classroom", from "Glenn S. Levine" (9781847693334)
- "Sociocultural Theory in Second Language Education: An Introduction through Narratives", from "Merrill Swain, Penny Kinnear, Linda Steinman" (184769330X)
- "Sociocultural Theory in Second Language Education: An Introduction Through Narratives (MM Textbooks)", from "Merrill Swain, Penny Kinnear, Linda Steinman" (9781847693297)
- "Bilingual Siblings", from "Suzanne Barron-Hauwaert" (9781847693280)
- "Thinking and Speaking in Two Languages (Bilingual Education and Bilingualism)", from "Aneta Pavlenko, Aneta Pavlenko" (9781847693365)
- "Bilingual Siblings: Language Use in Families", from "Suzanne Barron-Hauwaert" (9781847693273)