Detailseite wird geladen...
2008, ISBN: 1843833808
[EAN: 9781843833802], Neubuch, [PU: Boydell Brewer Ltd, United Kingdom], Brand New Book. In Victorian England, Tallis was ever-present: in performances of his music, in accounts of his biography, and through his representation in physical monuments. Known in the nineteenth century as the 'Father of English Church Music', Tallis occupies a central position in the history of the music of the Anglican Church. This book examines in detail the reception of two works that lie at the stylistic extremes of his output: "Spem in Alium", revived in the 1830s, though generally not greatly admired, and the "Responses", which were very popular.A close study of the performances, manuscripts and editions of these works casts light on the intersections between the antiquarian, liturgical and aesthetic goals of nineteenth-century editors and musicians. By tracing Tallis' reception in nineteenth-century England, the author charts the hold Tallis had on the Victorians and the ways in which Anglican-and English-identity was defined and challenged. Dr SUE COLE is a research associate at the Faculty of Music, University of Melbourne.
The Book Depository, Guernsey, GY, United Kingdom  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 1.24
2008, ISBN: 1843833808, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: BOYDELL & BREWER INC, 232 Seiten, L=240mm, B=161mm, H=21mm, Gew.=676gr, [GR: 15970 - HC/Musik/Biographien/Monographien], [SW: - Music / Songbooks], Gebunden, Klappentext: A survey of the huge importance of Thomas Tallis, the Father of Church Music', on Victorian musical life. A survey of the huge importance of Thomas Tallis, the Father of Church Music', on Victorian musical life.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
A survey of the huge importance of Thomas Tallis, the `Father of Church Music', on Victorian musical life. History History eBook A survey of the huge importance of Thomas Tallis, the Father of Church Music', on Victorian musical life.
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
[ED: Hardcover], [PU: BOYDELL & BREWER INC], A survey of the huge importance of Thomas Tallis, the Father of Church Music', on Victorian musical life.Versandfertig in über 4 Wochen, [SC: 0.00]
buecher.de GmbH & Co. KG
Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei, Versand nach Deutschland (EUR 0.00)
Livre, [PU: Boydell & Brewer also Boydell Press]
Shipping costs:France. (EUR 14.60)
Details of the book - Thomas Tallis and His Music in Victorian England
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781843833802
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1843833808
Publishing year: 2008
Publisher: BOYDELL & BREWER INC
Weight: 0,676 kg
Book in our database since 10.10.2007 13:44:11
Book found last time on 09.01.2018 23:55:18
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Anglo-Norman Studies: Proceedings of the Battle Conference 2007", from "C. P. Lewis (Editor)" (9781843833796)
- "Richard II and the English Royal Treasure", from "Stratford, Jenny" (9781843833789)
- "Letters from a Life: The Selected Letters of Benjamin Britten, 1913-1976: Volume Four: 1952-1957", from "Philip Reed, Mervyn Cooke, Donald Mitchell" (9781843833826)
- "The Bishopric of Durham in the Late Middle Ages: Lordship, Community and the Cult of St Cuthbert", from "Liddy, Christian D." (9781843833772)
- "State and Market in Victorian Britain: War, Welfare and Capitalism", from "Daunton, Martin" (9781843833833)
- "British Spies and Irish Rebels: British Intelligence and Ireland, 1916-1945", from "McMahon, Paul" (9781843833765)