Detailseite wird geladen...
A dugout canoe comes ashore on the island of Saint-Barth?lemy in the Antilles; in it are a black man, Ars?ne, and a sleeping white child, Sarah. Seeking refuge, they are taken in by a good man, but the overseer of his plantation threatens both Ars?ne and Sarah with the loss of their freedom. Deborah Jenson and Doris Kadish introduce Sarah , an 1821 novella by Desbordes-Valmore, explaining its autobiographical background, political context (the revolt of blacks against Napol?on's soldiers), and literary genre (sentimentalism). The novella was a precursor to anticolonial and antislavery texts by Claire de Duras, Victor Hugo, George Sand, and Alphonse de Lamartine. contemporary,education and reference,fiction,history,humanities,literary,literature,literature and fiction,textbooks,writing Humanities, Modern Language Association of America
used Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
2008, ISBN: 1603290265
[EAN: 9781603290265], Neubuch, [PU: Modern Language Association of America], Language Arts & Disciplines|Literacy, Literary Criticism|Books & Reading, 95 pages. French language. 8.50x5.50x0.50 inches. In Stock.
Revaluation Books, Exeter, United Kingdom  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 8.15
Modern Language Association of America. Used - Good. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. 100% Money Back Guarantee. Shipped to over one million happy customers. Your purchase benefits world literacy!, Modern Language Association of America
Better World Books
Shipping costs: EUR 3.69
2008, ISBN: 1603290265
[EAN: 9781603290265], Gebraucht, guter Zustand, [PU: Modern Language Association of America], Language Arts & Disciplines|Literacy, Literary Criticism|Books & Reading, Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside.
Better World Books, Mishawaka, IN, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 4.19
2008, ISBN: 9781603290265
Softcover, Buch, [PU: Modern Language Association of America]
Shipping costs:Versand in 10-15 Tagen, , Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD (EUR 0.00)
Details of the book - Sarah: The Original French Text
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781603290265
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1603290265
Publishing year: 2008
Publisher: MODERN LANGUAGE ASSN
Weight: 0,200 kg
Book in our database since 22.04.2009 06:30:33
Book found last time on 26.08.2017 18:47:08
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers", from "Gibaldi, Joseph" (9781603290258)
- "Sarah: An English Translation", from "Desbordes-Valmore, Marceline" (9781603290272)
- "MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers", from "Modern Language Association of America" (9781603290241)
- "An Anthology of Nineteenth-Century Women's Poetry from Spain", from "Aldaz, Anna-Marie (EDT)/ Kirkpatrick, Susan (INT)/ Walker, W. Robert (TRN)" (9781603290289)
- "Approaches to Teaching Teresa of Avila and the Spanish Mystics", from "Alison Weber" (9781603290234)
- "An Anthology of Nineteenth-Century Women's Poetry from France: In English Translation, with French Text", from "Herausgeber: Schultz, Gretchen" (9781603290296)