Detailseite wird geladen...
Can a stable political order be established in Liberia in the aftermath of the collapse of governance and a horrendous period of pillage and carnage? Amos Sawyer argues that the task can indeed be accomplished - but only in the context of new constitutional arrangements and governing institutions that differ markedly from those of the past. Sawyer draws deeply on his experience as head of state as he explores new ways of establishing constitutional foundations for democratic governance. Though he focuses on Liberia (and to some extent Sierra Leone and Guinea), his work speaks profoundly to the many other parts of Africa where the governing systems established at independence have broken down with often tragic consequences. comparative politics,democracy,government,history and theory,ideologies and doctrines,law,legal theory and systems,non-us legal systems,political history,political ideologies Comparative Politics, Lynne Rienner Publishers
used Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
Amos Sawyer,Library Binding, English-language edition,Pub by Lynne Rienner Publishers, Inc. Books Books ~~ Political Science & Government~~ General Beyond-Plunder~~Amos-Sawyer Lynne Rienner Publishers, Inc.
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Details of the book - Beyond Plunder
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781588263841
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1588263843
Publisher: Lynne Rienner Publishers, Inc.
Book in our database since 25.05.2007 09:44:08
Book found last time on 06.12.2016 13:57:05
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "People Building Peace Ii: Successful Stories Of Civil Society (Project of the European Centre for Conflict Prevention)", from "Paul Van Tongeren, Malin Brenk, Marte Hellema, Juliette Verhoeven" (9781588263834)
- "Making China Policy: From Nixon to G.W. Bush", from "Jean A. Garrison" (9781588263858)
- "Cowardly Lions: Missed Opportunities to Prevent Deadly Conflict and State Collapse: Missed Opportunities for Preventing Deadly Conflict and State Collapse", from "I. William Zartman" (1588263827)
- "Election Night News and Voter Turnout: Solving the Projection Puzzle", from "William C. Adams" (9781588263810)
- "Peace In Tatters: Israel, Palestine, And The Middle East", from "Yoram Meital" (9781588263872)
- "Negotiating Privacy: The European Union, the United States, and Personal Data Protection (IPolitics: Global Challenges in the Information Age)", from "Dorothee Heisenberg" (9781588263803)