- 9781588267443 Doing Comparative Politics: An Intro…
- 9781588263209 Doing Comparative Politics: An Intro…
- 9781626374508 Doing Comparative Politics: An Intro…
- 9788130904269 Doing Comparative Politics (Timothy…
Detailseite wird geladen...
2005, ISBN: 1588263452
[EAN: 9781588263452], [PU: Lynne Rienner Pub], Political Science|General, Political Science|Government|National, This Book is in Good Condition. Clean Copy With Light Amount of Wear. 100% Guaranteed. Summary: 'Unlike most other introductory texts in comparative politics that focus on country cases, Lim's valuable book gives students the skills to become critical thinkers and to actually DO comparative politics themselves.' ?Claudio Holzner, University of Utah Systematic, coherent, and user friendly, this decidedly nontraditional introduction to comparative politics is designed to teach students how to think comparatively and theoretically about the world they live in.The core of the book is organized around a set of critical questions'why are poor countries poor? why is East Asia rich? what makes a democracy? what makes a terrorist? what makes a social movement'each the topic of a full chapter. These issue chapters are based on the solid methodological and theoretical foundation laid out in the first part of the book. Graphics and definition boxes enhance the text.Doing Comparative Politics will stimulate your students to critically engage with both the content and the methods of the field.Timothy Lim is associate professor of political science at California State University, Los Angeles, and associate director of the university's Center for Korean American and Korean Studies.Contents: The Basics. Introduction: What is Comparative Politics? ? Comparing to Learn, Learning to Compare ? Thinking Theoretically in Comparative Politics: An Introduction ? The Questions. Why Are Poor Countries Poor?: Explaining Underdevelopment ? Why is East Asia Rich?: Explaining Capitalist Development in Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan ? What Makes a Democracy?: Explaining Democratic Transition and the Breakdown of Authoritarian Rule ? What Makes a Social Movement?: Explaining the Rise and Success of Social Movements ? What Makes a Terrorist?: Explaining Political Violence ? Recent Developments. Globalization and the Study of Comparative Politics.
Book Deals, Lewiston, NY, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
Shipping costs: EUR 66.10
Excellent Marketplace listings for "Doing Comparative Politics" by Timothy C. Lim starting as low as $1.99! 9781588263452,1588263452,doing,comparative,politics,timothy Social Sciences > Government & Politics > General Comparative Government Titles Paperback, Lynne Rienner Pub.
Used Shipping to USA only! Marketplace Shipping costs: EUR 3.03
Lynne Rienner Pub. PAPERBACK. 1588263452 Unbeatable customer service, and we usually ship the same or next day. Over one million satisfied customers! . Fair., Lynne Rienner Pub
Your Online Bookstore
Shipping costs: EUR 16.86
2005, ISBN: 9781588263452
Softcover, Gebraucht, Biggest little used bookstore in the world., [PU: Lynne Rienner Pub]
Reno, NV, Sierra Nevada Books
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Used, Very Good. Satisfaction Guaranteed. Shipped quickly.
Winter Ventures Inc
Shipping costs: EUR 15.49
Details of the book - Doing Comparative Politics: An Introduction to Approaches and Issues
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781588263452
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1588263452
Publishing year: 2005
Publisher: Lynne Rienner Pub
Book in our database since 23.01.2008 16:56:19
Book found last time on 12.07.2017 20:17:00
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Citizen Power, Politics, And The "Asian Miracle": Reassessing The Dynamics: Policies, Processes, Prospects", from "O. Fiona Yap" (1588263444)
- "Sanctioning Religion?", from "David K. Ryden; Jeffrey Polet" (9781588263438)
- "The World Since 1945: A History Of International Relations", from "Wayne C. McWilliams, Harry Piotrowski" (1588263479)
- "Authoritarianism in the Middle East: Regimes and Resistance", from "Marsha Pripstein Posusney, Michele Penner Angrist" (1588263428)
- "Politics and Process at the United Nations: The Global Dance", from "Courtney B. Smith" (1588263487)
- "Understanding Contemporary Latin America", from "Hillman, Richard S." (158826341X)