Detailseite wird geladen...
Selected from the pages of the upcoming volume Mardi Gras Treasures: Invitations of the Golden Age, the images that grace these notecards extend invitations to visit the glorious past of New Orleans, which was ablaze with fantastic, torch-lit processions and opulent tableau balls.While the parades were public, the fabulous balls were private, and invitations to them were coveted. Presented in this collection are dazzling examples of that artistry -- masterworks of design and lithography, most reproduced here for the first time. Henri Schindler, Books, Art and Architecture, General Art, Popular Culture, Mardi Gras Treasures Notecards Books>Art and Architecture>General Art>Popular Culture Perfect for sharing Mardi Gras with friends and family or for inviting them to Carnival, these postcards reproduce invitations of the Golden Age (1870-1930) and celebrate the glorious past of New Orleans, which was ablaze with fantastic, torch-lit processions and opulent tableau balls. While the mysterious parades were public, the fabulous balls were private, and invitations to them were coveted. Ball invitations, dance cards, and admit cards reflected exalted themes drawn from mythology, epic literature, religion, and whimsy. Presented in this collection are examples of that artistry-masterworks of design and lithography.
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
2000, ISBN: 9781565547452
Druckwerk, Sonstige Produkte, [PU: Pelican Publishing Co]
Shipping costs:Versand in 10-20 Tagen, , Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD (EUR 0.00)
Details of the book - Mardi Gras Treasures
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781565547452
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1565547454
Publishing year: 2000
Publisher: Pelican Publishing Co
Book in our database since 10.10.2007 15:47:18
Book found last time on 22.03.2015 05:42:36
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Mardi Gras Treasures: Invitations of the Golden Age Postcard Book", from "Henri Schindler" (1565547462)
- "New Zealand Bed & Breakfast Book", from "J Thomas" (1565547438)
- "History of Louisiana: Volume 1: The French Domination", from "Gayarre, Charles" (1565547470)
- "Best Editorial Cartoons of the Year - 2000 Edition", from "Charles Brooks" (156554742X)
- "History of Louisiana Volume II: The French Domination", from "Gayarre, Charles E." (1565547489)
- "History of Louisiana, Volume 3: The Spanish Domination", from "Gayarre, Charles E." (1565547497)