Detailseite wird geladen...
Theology of religions has defaulted in the last two decades to an epicyclic inclusivism which seeks to undermine pluralism with claims that it is covertly triumphalistic and that it mirrors the logic of exclusivism. With the exception of pioneers in the field such as John Hick and Paul Knitter, most major figures in this theological field have retreated from pluralism and promote versions of particularism and inclusivism. Pluralism: The Future of Religion argues for an apophatic pluralism that is motivated by the insight that it is impossible to secure universal assent for changeable bodies of religious teachings. This insight implies the non-finality and consequent 'departicularization' of all religious teachings and their inclusivistic defenses. These conclusions point us inevitably toward pluralism and lead us out of the inclusivistic impasse of contemporary theology in religions. 9781628925265,9781441195111,1628925264,1441195114 Other pricing structure might be available at vitalsource.com., Bloomsbury USA
9781628925265,9781441195111,1628925264,1441195114. Shipping costs:plus shipping costs.
The Future of Religion, The Future of Religion, [KW: EPUB ,RELIGION , PHILOSOPHY] <-> <-> EPUB ,RELIGION , PHILOSOPHY
Sofort lieferbar (Download), E-Book zum Download Shipping costs: EUR 0.00
Details of the book - Pluralism
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781441195111
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Book in our database since 22.02.2008 01:54:08
Book found last time on 26.11.2017 02:59:49
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "The Bloomsbury Companion to Hegel (Continuum Companions)", from "Allegra de Laurentiis, Jeffrey Edwards" (9781441195128)
- "The Bloomsbury Companion to Cognitive Linguistics", from "John R. Taylor (Editor), Jeanette Littlemore (Editor), Jeannette Littlemore (Editor)" (9781441195098)
- "Must Read: Rediscovering American Bestsellers: From Charlotte Temple to The Da Vinci Code", from "Churchwell, Sarah" (9781441195135)
- "Labov: A Guide for the Perplexed", from "Bloomsbury Academic" (9781441195081)
- "Open Minded Torah", from "William Kolbrener" (9781441195142)
- "The Rage Against God", from "Peter Hitchens" (9781441195074)