Detailseite wird geladen...
First published in 1941 (this edition in 1968), this book explores the relationship between science, culture, and society- focusing on human beings, and human communities. Here, C. H. Waddington uses the concept of science to mean more than factual information about genes and haemoglobin and his subject is the effect of scientific ways of speaking on the ways in which people look at the world around them. The work discusses biological assumptions made by various communities, particularly fascist movements, on human beings and compares them with the scientific attitude. The Nazis for instance spoke about ‘racial purity’ and ‘German blood’ but these expressions, whilst arousing emotion, had, and have, no rational meaning- they are inaccurate and tell us nothing of human genetics. As well as presenting a scientific argument, being published initially in 1941, this book also acts as a historical document, conveying some of the feeling of living through WWII. It highlights the fact that science and scientific assumptions have very wide implications for the whole conduct of life. 9781138957039,9781317351948,1138957038,1317351940,113895702X,9781138957022 Other pricing structure might be available at vitalsource.com., Taylor & Francis
9781138957039,9781317351948,1138957038,1317351940,113895702X,9781138957022. Shipping costs:plus shipping costs.
The Scientific Attitude The-Scientific-Attitude~~C-H-Waddington World History>World Hist>World History NOOK Book (eBook), Taylor & Francis
new Shipping costs:plus shipping costs.
2017, ISBN: 9781317351948
eBook Download (EPUB), eBooks, [PU: Routledge]
Shipping costs:Download sofort lieferbar, , No shipping costs within Germany. (EUR 0.00)
Details of the book - The Scientific Attitude
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781317351948
Publishing year: 2017
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
Book in our database since 18.11.2017 01:59:54
Book found last time on 19.11.2017 07:23:05
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "The Nature of Life", from "C. H. Waddington" (9781317351979)
- "Japan's International Democracy Assistance as Soft Power: Neoclassical Realist Analysis", from "Maiko Ichihara" (9781317351887)
- "Principles of Embryology", from "C. H. Waddington" (9781317352006)
- "African Americans and Jungian Psychology", from "Fanny Brewster" (9781317351863)
- "African Americans and Jungian Psychology", from "Fanny Brewster" (9781317351856)
- "Introduction to Modern Genetics", from "C. H. Waddington" (9781317352037)