Detailseite wird geladen...
The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars.The Age of Enlightenment profoundly enriched religious and philosophical understanding and continues to influence present-day thinking. Works collected here include masterpieces by David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as well as religious sermons and moral debates on the issues of the day, such as the slave trade. The Age of Reason saw conflict between Protestantism and Catholicism transformed into one between faith and logic a debate that continues in the twenty-first century.++++The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:++++Source Library: British LibraryESTCID: T026480Notes: Comprising reissues of separately published pieces, with the addition of a collective titlepage. Contents: 'The holy life and death of St. Winefred; .. in five parts', 1743; 'The history of the life and miracles of our blessed saviour Jesus Christ', [ca. 1740]; 'Divine justice and mercy displayed', 1772; 'The pattern of piety', 1734; 'Pater patriæ', ; 'Piety display'd' [ca. 1741?].Imprint: [York, 1772?]. Collation: 6pt. : ill. ; 12° Books Books ~~ Religion~~ History The-pious-and-poetical-works-of-Mr-Thomas-Gent-c~~Thomas-Gent BiblioBazaar
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
2010, ISBN: 1170137083, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Gale Ecco, Print Editions, 156 Seiten, L=189mm, B=246mm, H=8mm, Gew.=290gr, [GR: 25420 - TB/Religion/Theologie/Allgemeines/Lexika], [SW: - Religion - Commentaries / Reference], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Details of the book - The Pious and Poetical Works of Mr. Thomas Gent, &C.
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781170137086
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1170137083
Publishing year: 2010
Publisher: Gale Ecco, Print Editions
Weight: 0,290 kg
Book in our database since 26.01.2011 07:38:14
Book found last time on 09.10.2014 06:01:55
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Materialism Philosophically Examined, Or, the Immateriality of the Soul Asserted and Proved, on Philosophical Principles; In Answer to Dr. Priestley's", from "Whitehead, John" (9781170137079)
- "The Christian in Compleat Armour: Or, a Treatise of the Saints War Against the Devil. ... by William Gurnal, ... the Eighth Edition.", from "Gurnall, William" (9781170137093)
- "The Bath Unmask'd. a Comedy. Acted at the Theatre Royal in Lincoln's-Inn-Fields. Written by Mr. Odingsells.", from "Odingsells, MR" (9781170137062)
- "Caii Plinil CCILII Secundi Opera Quae Supersunt; Omnia. Ad Fidem Optimarum Editionum Diligenter Expressa. ... Volume 1 of 2", from "Pliny" (9781170137109)
- "The Shipwreck. by William Falconer. the Ninth Edition.", from "Falconer, William" (9781170137055)
- "A Letter to the Right Honourable William Beckford, Lord-Mayor, and Conservator of the River Thames and Waters of Medway; From Sir Stephen Theodore J", from "Janssen, Stephen Theodore" (9781170137116)