Detailseite wird geladen...
2009, ISBN: 1120831164
[EAN: 9781120831163], Neubuch, [PU: Kessinger Publishing, United States], Brand New Book ***** Print on Demand *****.This book is a facsimile reprint and may contain imperfections such as marks, notations, marginalia and flawed pages.From the pen of one who is already distinguished as editor, poet, and wit comes this delightful novel. The Chain is a tale of New York of the last generation. sparkling with illuminating sidelights on interesting and important people---particularly the literati---with whom the author has been intimately associated for many years. It is a novel peopled with characters so real and living as soon to seem old acquaintances, even friends. Gertrude Atherton "This novel contains the spirit of youth without the stimulant of jazz. What an achievement!" George Barr McCutcheon "An enthralling novel in three distinct moods, though varying in no sense from a central idea, direct and undeviating in purpose---a story told faithfully in prose by a man with the vision and feeling of a poet." Owen Johnson "An American novel, through and through, which has caught a transition period in New York life, and made us live in the ambling days of the old order and the first toddling, eager ventures of the new order." Charles G. Norris "The Shaftsbury in this novel is a real creation. There are many other excellent character bits all the way through the book, in particular Major Moulton, Mrs. Cavendish, and Nick Deeley." Wallace Irwin "Live people---for Mr. Towne's characterizations are acute---move through the pages of this novel which are illuminated by passages of real beauty." ***** Print on Demand *****.
The Book Depository, Guernsey, GY, United Kingdom  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 1.30
2009, ISBN: 1120831164, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: KESSINGER PUB CO, 374 Seiten, L=152mm, B=229mm, H=25mm, Gew.=717gr, [GR: 11110 - HC/Belletristik/Romane/Erzählungen], [SW: - Literature - Classics / Criticism], Gebunden
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Details of the book - The Chain: A Novel (1922)
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781120831163
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1120831164
Publishing year: 2009
Publisher: KESSINGER PUB CO
Weight: 0,717 kg
Book in our database since 16.02.2012 05:10:42
Book found last time on 02.05.2013 14:11:28
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "The Catholic: A Tale of Contemporary Society (1902)", from "Templeman, Francis" (9781120831156)
- "Discourses on Holy Scripture: With Notes and Illustrations (1850)", from "Kelly, John" (9781120831170)
- "The Cambrian Sketchbook: Tales, Scenes, and Legends of Wild Wales (1875)", from "Davies, R. Rice" (9781120831149)
- "Eldridge's Coast Pilot No. 4: From New York to Boston (1893)", from "Eldridge, George" (9781120831187)
- "The Beauty of God: As Revealed in His Works, His Written Word, and the Living Word Through the Ministry of Life and Light and Love (1908)", from "Hood, John" (9781120831132)
- "French Pathfinders in North America (1905)", from "Johnson, William Henry" (9781120831194)