Detailseite wird geladen...
The White Train: Poems John Spaulding, Books, Fiction and Literature, The White Train: Poems Books>Fiction and Literature Inspired by daguerreotypes, tin-types, stereopticon slides, snapshots, and even yearbook photos, the poems in The White Train offer stark, sometimes sensual portraits of those no longer able to speak for themselves. In an evocative and resonant voice, John Spaulding explores history through the work of photographers over a hundred-year period, including Southworth and Hawes, Roger Fenton, Timothy O'Sullivan, Robert Howlett, Frederick Evans, Lewis Hine, and many anonymous amateurs. Even in their most overt references to pictures, Spaulding's poems are worlds unto themselves, abundantly filled with sounds, smells, and feelings that cannot be photographed.
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Details of the book - The White Train: Poems
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780807129975
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0807129976
Publisher: Louisiana State University Press
Book in our database since 23.10.2007 15:28:59
Book found last time on 20.03.2015 06:47:41
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "60 Cent Coffee and a Quarter to Dance", from "Jordan, Judy" (9780807129968)
- "The White Train", from "Spaulding, John" (0807129984)
- "Sixty-Cent Coffee and a Quarter to Dance: A Poem", from "Jordan, Judy" (080712995X)
- "Powers and Boundaries: Poems", from "Reiter, Thomas" (0807129992)
- "The Strict Economy of Fire", from "Haymon, Ava Leavell" (0807129941)
- "The Strict Economy of Fire: Poems", from "Haymon, Ava Leavell" (0807129933)