Detailseite wird geladen...
Jane Goodall, 1934 - Jane Goodall, a well-respected English zoologist, is famous for her fieldwork with chimpanzees in Africa. An early interest in African wild animals and the opportunity, at age 18, to stay on a friend's farm in Kenya, led her to Dr. Louis Leakey; then curator of the National Museum of Natural History in Nairobi. Almost immediately Leakey hired Goodall as his assistant secretary, and she was soon accompanying Leakey and his wife on their expeditions. Following Leakey's suggestion that a field study of some of the higher primates would be a major contribution to the understanding of animal behavior, she began studying the chimpanzees of the Gombe Stream Research Center in Tanganyika (now Tanzania) in 1960. Although she had no undergraduate degree, Goodall earned a Ph.D. from Cambridge University in 1965, based on her first five years of research at the Gombe Center. After more than 20 years of extensive study and direct contact with wild chimpanzees in their natural habitat, Goodall continues to research, teach, and write about primate behavior today. Alan Lightman's previous books include Einstein's Dreams, Good Benito, and Dance for Two. He has written for Granta, Harper's, The New Yorker, and The New York Review of Books. He teaches physics and writing at MIT and lives in Boston, Massachusetts. Books, Home and Garden, Heart of the Horse Books>Home and Garden
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Details of the book - Heart of the Horse
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780760759271
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0760759278
Book in our database since 24.06.2007 11:24:40
Book found last time on 20.03.2015 05:19:06
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "The Web's Greatest Hits: Your One-Stop Guide to the Best Sites on the Internet", from "Lynie Arden" (9780760759264)
- "Children's World Atlas", from "Colin Arrowsmith" (9780760759295)
- "Doodle Bugs: Learn to Draw the Doodles" (9780760759240)
- "I Love You Because You're You", from "Liza Baker, David McPhail (Illustrator)" (0760759308)
- "Doodle Farm: Learn to Draw the Doodles", from "Keith Faulkner" (0760759235)
- "Cracking The Da Vinci Code: The Unauthorized Guide To The Facts Behind Dan Brown's Bestselling Novel", from "Simon Cox" (0760759316)