Detailseite wird geladen...
Madeleine Horrocks wanted nothing more than to be famous. Pretty and outspoken, she often alarmed her best friend Amy by expressing doubts - about parents, teachers and, most of all, religion, which according to their strict 1950s Catholic upbringing in Rivington Cross seemed certain, Amy thought, to send them both to Hell. What, after all, was wrong with being a Protestant, Madeleine would ask? Or a Jew? The good-looking boy they both noticed on their way to school was, it was rumoured, Jewish - his family having fled from Poland at the beginning of the war. Father Sheahan, the whiskey-soaked priest from the local church, had discovered that his secret past was catching up with him, and went in fear of his life. Amy, too, had a secret - a secret which caused her to visit the Bell House, an ancient charnel house outside the village. As they grow up, this place of death becomes a meeting place for the friends, who have to learn that differences in religion can cause unexpected heartache. Books Fiction~~Modern & Contemporary The Bell House~~Book~~9780593053126~~Ruth Hamilton Sweeping saga of power and compassion, set in the strict community of a 1950's Catholic village.
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Details of the book - The Bell House
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780593053126
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0593053125
Book in our database since 06.06.2007 18:17:41
Book found last time on 24.03.2015 04:24:34
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Narrow Dog to Carcassonne - An Improbably Journey by Narrowboat to the France Nobody Knows", from "T Darlington" (9780593053119)
- "Dorothy's War", from "Hamilton, Ruth" (9780593053133)
- "Covered Man", from "David Soul" (9780593053102)
- "The Mad Man's Tale", from "John Katzenbach" (0593053141)
- "The Last of the Great Romantics", from "Claudia Carroll" (0593053087)
- "He Loves Me Not... He Loves Me", from "Claudia Carroll" (0593053079)