Detailseite wird geladen...
In this provocative book, S. Robert Lichter and Stanley Rothman examine the controversies surrounding environmental cancer and place them in historical perspective. Then, drawing on surveys of cancer researchers and environmental activists, they reveal that there are sharp differences between the two groups' viewpoints on environmental cancer. Despite these differences, a further comparison - between the views of the two groups and the content of television and newspaper accounts over a two-decade period - shows that press reports most frequently cite the views of environmental activists as if they were the views of the scientific community. These findings cast doubt on the objectivity of the news media and environmental activists. And, the authors conclude, misplaced fears about the risks of environmental cancer have seriously distorted public policy and priorities. administration and medicine economics,administration and policy,clinical,earth sciences,environment,environmental science,environmental studies,environmentalism,health risk assessment,health fitness and dieting Environmental Science, Yale University Press
used Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
[ED: Taschenbuch], [PU: YALE UNIV PR], An examination of the controversies surrounding environmental cancer. The authors draw on surveys by cancer researchers and environmental activists to reveal differences between the two groups' viewpoints. They examine these opposing views and document how they are reflected in the media. Versandfertig in über 4 Wochen, [SC: 0.00], Neuware, gewerbliches Angebot
buecher.de GmbH & Co. KG
Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei, Versand nach Deutschland (EUR 0.00)
Yale University Press. Paperback. VERY GOOD. Cover and pages show some wear from reading and storage., Yale University Press
Shipping costs: EUR 8.42
Used, Very Good. Satisfaction Guaranteed. Shipped quickly.
Winter Ventures Inc
Shipping costs: EUR 13.34
1999, ISBN: 9780300076349
Softcover, Buch, [PU: Yale University Press]
Shipping costs:Versand in 10-15 Tagen, , Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD (EUR 0.00)
Environmental Cancer-A Political Disease?
Details of the book - Environmental Cancer-A Political Disease?
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780300076349
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0300076347
Publishing year: 1999
Publisher: YALE UNIV PR
Weight: 0,290 kg
Book in our database since 18.05.2007 15:15:38
Book found last time on 10.02.2017 02:13:43
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Field Guide", from "Hass, Robert" (0300076339)
- "Nikita Khrushchev", from "David Gehrenbeck; Alla Bashenko; Editor-Professor William Taubman; Editor-Sergei Khrushchev; Editor-Professor Abbott Gleason; Translator-David Gehrenbeck; Translator-Eileen Kane; Translator-Abbott Gleason" (0300076355)
- "The Power of Hope: A Doctors Perspective", from "Spiro, Howard; Spiro" (0300076320)
- "Wild Solutions: How Biodiversity Is Money in the Bank", from "Beattie, Andrew J.; Ehrlich, Paul R." (0300076363)
- "A Time to Die: The Place for Physician Assistance", from "McKhann, Charles F." (0300076312)
- "Fairfield Porter: A Life in Art", from "Spring, Justin" (0300076371)