Detailseite wird geladen...
Although representation by women, blacks, and Hispanics in state legislatures has increased greatly in recent decades, the significance of these gains has not been systematically evaluated. Albert Nelson's study explores several important questions in this area: Does greater representation in fact result in proportionally greater influence in political parties and policy outcomes? How do party affiliation, gender, and other variables affect the political fortunes of these groups? And what is the impact of party affiliation on their turnover rates in legislatures? Nelson scrutinizes the factors that influence minority and female incorporation into the legislative process, including opportunity and incentives, party affiliation, religion, employment, and cultural elements. He examines differences in legislative representation in the North and South. In addition he assesses party representation according to gender, minority group, and political affiliation and investigates differences in turnover rates between Democrats and Republicans. Nelson explains how these elements translate into practical political results in both legislatures and the power base provided by political parties. The final chapter provides an overview of Nelson's findings and identifies promising areas for continuing research. Based on a statistical analysis of state legislatures in the 1980s, this book will be a useful resource for scholars and students in political science, the social sciences, minorities studies, and women's studies. Emerging Influentials in State Legislatures: Women, Blacks, and Hispanics Nelson, Albert J.
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Albert Nelson,Hardcover, English-language edition,Pub by ABC-CLIO, Incorporated Books Books ~~ Political Science & Government~~ American Government ~~ Legislative Branch Emerging-Influentials-in-State-Legislatures~~Albert-J-Nelson ABC-CLIO, Incorporated
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
1991, ISBN: 0275938298, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: GREENWOOD PUB GROUP INC, 168 Seiten, Gew.=454gr, [GR: 17430 - HC/Politikwissenschaft], [SW: - Politics / Current Events], Gebunden
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Details of the book - Emerging Influentials in State Legislatures: Women, Blacks, and Hispanics
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780275938291
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0275938298
Publishing year: 1991
Publisher: GREENWOOD PUB GROUP INC
Weight: 0,454 kg
Book in our database since 16.07.2007 04:30:34
Book found last time on 13.03.2015 12:18:58
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Global Perspectives on Organizational Conflict", from "Albert A. Blum, M. Afzalur Rahim" (027593828X)
- "Strategy and Security in the Caribbean", from "Ivelaw L. Griffith" (0275938301)
- "Foreign Aid and Economic Development in the Middle East: Egypt, Syria, and Jordan", from "Lavy, Victor; Sheffer, Eliezer" (0275938271)
- "The Political Construction of Education: The State, School Expansion, and Economic Change", from "Musik: Fuller, Bruce / Herausgeber: Fuller, Bruce Rubinson, Richard" (027593831X)
- "Planning and Human Survival", from "Branch, Melville Campbell; Branch, Melville C." (0275938263)
- "Theories of Child Abuse and Neglect: Differential Perspectives, Summaries, and Evaluations", from "Tzeng, Oliver C. S.; Jackson, Jay W.; Karlson, Henry C." (0275938328)