Detailseite wird geladen...
T. A. Cavanaugh defends double-effect reasoning (DER), also known as the principle of double effect. DER plays a role in anti-consequentialist ethics (such as deontology), in hard cases in which one cannot realize a good without also causing a foreseen, but not intended, bad effect (for example, killing non-combatants when bombing a military target). This study is the first book-length account of the history and issues surrounding this controversial approach to hard cases. It will be indispensable in theoretical ethics, applied ethics (especially medical and military), and moral theology. It will also interest legal and public policy scholars. Double-Effect Reasoning: Doing Good and Avoiding Evil Cavanaugh, T. A., Oxford University Press, USA
Shipping costs: EUR 0.00
Hardback, [PU: Oxford University Press], What should you do when you cannot achieve a good without also causing a foreseen, but not intended, evil (such as killing non-combatants when bombing a military target)? This book articulates, and defends, an ancient approach to this common problem, double-effect reasoning., Philosophy Of Religion
Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei. (EUR 0.00)
Double-Effect Reasoning: Doing Good and Avoiding Evil (Oxford Studies in Theological Ethics) - hardcover
[EAN: 9780199272198], Neubuch, [PU: Oxford University Press], 0199272190 New Condition *** Right Off the Shelf | Ships within 2 Business Days ~~~ Customer Service Is Our Top Priority! - Thank you for LOOKING :-)
Diafan Media, Geneva, IL, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK. Shipping costs: EUR 19.11
2016, ISBN: 0199272190
[EAN: 9780199272198], Neubuch, [PU: OUP Oxford], DOUBLE-EFFECT REASONING: DOING GOOD AND AVOIDING EVIL, Religion|Philosophy, PRINT ON DEMAND Book; New; Publication Year 2016; Not Signed; Fast Shipping from the UK.
Ria Christie Collections, Uxbridge, United Kingdom  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK. Shipping costs: EUR 4.74
[EAN: 9780199272198], Gebraucht, guter Zustand, [PU: Oxford University Press, Incorporated], This book has a light amount of wear to the pages, cover and binding.
ThriftBooks - Blue Cloud, Phoenix, AZ, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK. Shipping costs: EUR 5.94
Details of the book - Double-Effect Reasoning: Doing Good and Avoiding Evil
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780199272198
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0199272190
Publishing year: 2006
Publisher: OXFORD UNIV PR
Weight: 0,431 kg
Book in our database since 07.01.2007 18:01:04
Book found last time on 26.12.2017 20:55:26
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Origen on the Song of Songs as the Spirit of Scripture: The Bridegroom's Perfect Marriage-Song", from "King, J. Christopher" (0199272182)
- "How Things Might Have Been: Individuals, Kinds, and Essential Properties", from "Mackie, Penelope" (9780199272204)
- "Kierkegaard's Ethic of Love: Divine Commands and Moral Obligations", from "Evans, C. Stephen" (0199272174)
- "Power and Property in Medieval Germany: Economic and Social Change C.900-1300", from "Arnold, Benjamin" (0199272212)
- "The Oxford Handbook of Political Economy", from "Barry R. Weingast (Herausgeber), Donald Wittman (Herausgeber)" (9780199272228)
- "Law and Popular Culture: Current Legal Issues 2004 Volume 7", from "Freeman, Michael (ed.)" (9780199272235)