Detailseite wird geladen...
The Problematic and Conceptual Structure of Classical Indian Thought about Man, Society and Polity - hardcover
1996, ISBN: 9780195637977
[ED: Hardcover/gebunden], [PU: Oxford University Press], While most scholarship devoted to classical thought deals only with metaphysics, epistemology, theology, or spirituality, this work refreshingly fills a gap in the arena of social and political thought. Although not appropriate for undergraduates, it would be most helpful for those of us teaching undergraduates, for two reasons. First, it provides a historical context for many of the crucial concepts we teach to undergraduates, and second, it adapts and considers these classical concepts in a contemporary manner, bringing classical Indian thought into modern social and political philosophy. Anyone interested in either of these could learn much from this book and from Daya Krishna's method of bringing the past to life without living in it., [SC: 3.50], wie neu, privates Angebot, [GW: 780g], [PU: Oxford, Delhi], 1.
Shipping costs: EUR 3.50
The Problematic and Conceptual Structure of Classical Indian Thought about Man, Society, and Polity
Details of the book - The Problematic and Conceptual Structure of Classical Indian Thought about Man, Society, and Polity
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780195637977
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0195637976
Publishing year: 1996
Publisher: Oxford University Press, Oxford, Delhi
Book in our database since 27.11.2007 15:10:10
Book found last time on 13.09.2016 00:12:13
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Rabindranath Tagore and Modern Sensibility", from "Bhabatosh Chatterjee" (0195637968)
- "Time as a Metaphor of History: Early India", from "Thapar, Romila" (0195637984)
- "Caste Today (Soas Studies on South Asia)", from "C. J. Fuller" (019563795X)
- "Religious Nationalism: Hindus and Muslims in India", from "Peter Van Der Veer" (0195637992)
- ISBN: 0195637933
- "The Gods of Asia: Image, Text and Meaning", from "T.S. Maxwell" (0195637925)