Detailseite wird geladen...
Language and Context breaks new ground in our understanding of the relationship between register, genre and context. Leckie-Tarry argues convincingly and engagingly for a functional theory of language which specifies register in terms of contextual and linguistic features, and which suggests a discursive relationship between the two. Moving beyond the limits of much of today's theory, this accessible volume develops a theoretical understanding of the relationship between text, context, langage function and linguistic form.Helen Leckie-Tarry, a specialist in the area of 'register and applied linguistics', died in 1991, aged 49. Although she had finished a large part of this work, her notes and draft chapters have been extensively edited by Professor David Birch.David Birch is currently Professor of Communication and media Studies at Central Queensland University, Australia, and previously taught at Murdoch University, Western Australia, and the National University of Singapore. Books Books ~~ Language Arts~~ Linguistics ~~ General Language-Context~~Helen-Leckie-Tarry Bloomsbury Academic The notes and draft chapters of this book have been edited by Professor David Birch.
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
1998, ISBN: 1855672723, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: PINTER PUBL, 192 Seiten, L=241mm, B=151mm, H=11mm, Gew.=281gr, [GR: 25600 - TB/Sprachwissenschaft], [SW: - Language Arts / Linguistics / Literacy], Kartoniert/Broschiert, Klappentext: The notes and draft chapters of this book have been edited by Professor David Birch. The notes and draft chapters of this book have been edited by Professor David Birch.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Paperback, [PU: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC], This volume develops a functional theory of language which specifies the notion of "register" (the analysis of the linguistic foundations of language), in terms of contextual and linguistic features., Linguistics
Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei (EUR 0.00)
[ED: Taschenbuch], [PU: Continnuum-3pl], The notes and draft chapters of this book have been edited by Professor David Birch.Versandfertig in über 4 Wochen, [SC: 0.00]
buecher.de GmbH & Co. KG
Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei, Versand nach Deutschland (EUR 0.00)
1995, ISBN: 9781855672727
Softcover, Buch, [PU: Frances Pinter Publishers Ltd]
Shipping costs:Versand in 10-15 Tagen, , Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD (EUR 0.00)
Details of the book - Language and Context
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781855672727
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1855672723
Publishing year: 1998
Publisher: PINTER PUBL
Weight: 0,281 kg
Book in our database since 09.01.2009 21:51:51
Book found last time on 28.12.2014 12:31:32
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Beyond Foreign Economic Policy: The United States, the Single European Market and the Changing World Economy", from "Brian Hocking, Michael Smith" (1855672693)
- "The Structure of International Society: An Introduction to the Study of International Relations", from "Geoffrey Stern" (1855672758)
- "Beyond Foreign Economic Policy: The United States, the Single European Market and the Changing World Economy", from "Brian Hocking, Michael Smith" (1855672685)
- "The Structure of International Society: Introduction to the Study of International Relations", from "Geoffrey Stern" (1855672766)
- "Subduing Sovereignty: Sovereignty and the Right to Intervene", from "Marianne Heiberg" (1855672677)
- "Handbook of Conflict Resolution: The Analytical Problem-Solving Approach", from "Christopher Mitchell, Michael Banks" (1855672774)