Detailseite wird geladen...
Tackling a fundamental question in the study of contemporary African politics, Borders, Nationalism, and the African State systematically and comparatively examines the impact of colonial borders on the intertwined trajectories of ethnic conflict and state development. The authors combine case studies (Congo, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, and Sudan) with thematic chapters to provide a vivid story of state weakness and conflict on the continent. Their richly detailed analysis and often surprising findings offer an insightful reexamination of the prospects for peace in Africa, and prompt a fresh consideration of the nature of the African state. Books Society and Social Sciences~~Politics & Government~~Political Structure & Processes Borders, Nationalism, And The African State~~Book~~9781588263407
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Ricardo Rene Laremont (Editor),Hardcover, English-language edition,Pub by Lynne Rienner Publishers, Inc. Books Books ~~ History~~ Africa ~~ General Borders-Nationalism-and-the-African-State~~Ricardo-Rene-Laremont Lynne Rienner Publishers, Inc.
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
NA African, State, Lynne Rienner Publishers
new Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
Details of the book - Borders Nationalism and the African State
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781588263407
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1588263401
Publisher: Lynne Rienner Publishers, Inc.
Book in our database since 31.05.2007 09:21:27
Book found last time on 23.03.2015 18:17:01
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Migration Reader: Exploring Politics and Policies", from "Anthony M. Messina" (1588263398)
- "Understanding Contemporary Latin America", from "Hillman, Richard S." (158826341X)
- "Guns and Butter: The Political Economy of International Security (International Political Economy Yearbook)", from "Peter J. Dombrowski" (9781588263384)
- "Authoritarianism in the Middle East: Regimes and Resistance", from "Marsha Pripstein Posusney, Michele Penner Angrist" (1588263428)
- "Who Is White?: Latinos, Asians, and the New Black/Nonblack Divide", from "George Yancey" (9781588263377)
- "Sanctioning Religion?", from "David K. Ryden; Jeffrey Polet" (9781588263438)