Detailseite wird geladen...
1983, ISBN: 9780961114602
Bartlesville, OK: Phillips Petroleum Company, 1883. Presumed First Edition, First printing. Hardcover. Very good/Good. 219,  pages. Illustrated (some in color). Format approximately 12.25 inches by 9.25 inches. DJ has wear, soiling, and scratches and scuffs (no impact to boards). Boards slightly bowed. This is a Public Affairs publication of Phillips Petroleum Company in commemoration of the company's 66th anniversary. Two brothers, Frank (1873-1950) and Lee Eldas (1876-1944) Phillips, entered the oil business in 1903. In 1905 they drilled their first gusher when the Anna Anderson No. 1, located in Indian Territory, hit oil on leased land owned by an eight-year-old Delaware Indian girl of that name. The Phillips brothers remained in the oil business until 1915, when they decided to leave petroleum for banking. However, they soon realized that U.S. involvement in World War I would precipitate a steep rise in petroleum demand. They reconsidered their decision to leave the oil business and incorporated Phillips Petroleum Company in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, on June 13, 1917. After discovery of the huge Panhandle gas field in 1918, Phillips profited from the burgeoning natural gas industry. In particular, Phillips specialized in the extraction of liquids from natural gas. By the mid-1920s, Phillips was the largest producer of natural gas liquids in the United States. Since the late 1920s, consumers have recognized Phillips for its distinctive Phillips 66 service stations. Phillips originally entered the retail gasoline business to profit from the rapidly increasing demand for automobile fuel. In 1927 Phillips opened its first oil refinery near Borger in the Texas Panhandle, and in the same year the company opened its first service station. Phillips Petroleum was incorporated 13 June 1917 by brothers Lee Eldas "L.E." and Frank Phillips, of Bartlesville, Oklahoma, U.S.A. Their younger brother, The company was headquartered in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Phillips Petroleum rapidly became a fully integrated oil company that included oil and gas production, crude oil pipelines and refineries, and marketing of petroleum products. Phillips Petroleum became heavily involved in the natural gas industry immediately after the discovery of the Panhandle gas field of Texas and the Hugoton field in Kansas. By 1925, it was the largest producer of natural gas liquids (NGL) in the United States. In 1927, Phillips started up its first petroleum refinery in Borger, Texas, designed to produce gasoline as an automotive fuel. The refinery also produced other petroleum fractions (e.g., kerosene, fuel oils). It opened its first service station, to sell gasoline, in Wichita, Kansas on 19 November 1927. In 1930, the company developed its "Phillips 66" trademark: according to company lore, a Phillips official was road-testing the company's newest gasoline, commented that the car was going "like 60" when his driver replied "Sixty nothing ... we're doing 66!", all while driving on U.S. Highway 66 in Oklahoma near Tulsa, resulting in the number 66 superimposed on the U.S. Highway symbol for Route 66. Frank Phillips served as president of the company until 1938. He then turned over the presidency to Kenneth S. "Boots" Adams, but continued as chairman of the board until 1949, when he was 76 years old. In 1942, the company bought more than 250,000 acres in the Hugoton-Panhandle gas fields and a 25 percent interest in the Panhandle Eastern Pipeline Co. In 1954, the U.S. Supreme Court decided the landmark case of Phillips Petroleum vs. State of Wisconsin which held that under the Natural Gas Act, the federal government should regulate the prices which natural gas producers charge when selling gas at the wellhead. Phillips then divested itself of the Panhandle Eastern Pipeline Interest, but remained a major supplier of natural gas. World War II greatly stimulated the demand for petroleum products, especially high-octane aviation fuel and jet fuel. Phillips turned to technology to increase the octane rating of fuels for use in advanced engines. The company invented an HF alkylation process in 1940. The American petrochemical industry took off, first making such as styrene, ethylene, propylene and butadiene. After the war, it formed a subsidiary, Phillips Chemical Co., which entered the fertilizer business by producing anhydrous ammonia from natural gas. The company then built a complex on the Houston Ship Channel devoted to making petrochemicals and polymers. During the 1960s, Phillips expanded its international operations, particularly with exploration in Canada, Venezuela, and Colombia. It discovered the Ekofisk gas field in the North Sea in 1969. In 1966, Phillips Petroleum bought Tidewater Oil Co.'s West Coast operations and rebranded its "Flying A" outlets to Phillips 66. In 1983, Phillips Petroleum bought General American Oil Company, a Delaware company that was headquartered in Dallas, TX. The company was originally built by Algur H. Meadows in 1936 through a merger with oilman J. W. Gilliland and General American Finance System, a company Meadows formed with Ralph Trippett in the early 1930s. General American Oil Company was "one of the largest independent oil companies in the nation, with worldwide operations and interests.", Phillips Petroleum Company, 1883
Ground Zero Books, Ltd.
Shipping costs: EUR 25.37
Gebundene Ausgabe, [EAN: 9780961114602], See Comments, Englisch, See Comments, Book, See Comments, See Comments, 541686, Kategorien, 4185461, Antiquarische Bücher, 117, Belletristik, 187254, Biografien & Erinnerungen, 403434, Business & Karriere, 120, Börse & Geld, 287621, Comics & Mangas, 124, Computer & Internet, 11063821, Erotik, 340583031, Esoterik, 288100, Fachbücher, 142, Fantasy & Science Fiction, 548400, Film, Kunst & Kultur, 122, Freizeit, Haus & Garten, 13690631, Geschenkbücher, 419943031, Horror, 118310011, Kalender, 280652, Kinder- & Jugendbücher, 189528, Kochen & Genießen, 287480, Krimis & Thriller, 403432, Lernen & Nachschlagen, 1199902, Musiknoten, 121, Naturwissenschaften & Technik, 143, Politik & Geschichte, 536302, Ratgeber, 298002, Reise & Abenteuer, 340513031, Religion & Glaube, 298338, Sport & Fitness, 186606, Bücher, 492558011, Gebundene Ausgabe, 492557011, Format (binding_browse-bin), 362683011, Refinements, 186606, Bücher, 616963011, Condition (condition-type), 616965011, Neu, 616967011, Gebraucht, 362683011, Refinements, 186606, Bücher, 182014031, Normale Größe, 182013031, Font Size (format_browse-bin), 362683011, Refinements, 186606, Bücher
Gebraucht Shipping costs:Innerhalb EU, Schweiz und Liechtenstein (soferne Lieferung möglich) (EUR 3.00)
1983, ISBN: 0961114606
ISBN : 0961114606. WERTZ William C.. 1983. In-4 Carré. Relié toilé, Jaquette. Bon état. Couv. convenable. Dos satisfaisant. Intérieur frais. 219 pages. Photo noire et blanche en double-planches en frontispice hors-texte. Nombreuses photo et quelques illustrations en noir et blanc et en couleurs. Ouvrage en anglais. Relié pleine toile grise. Jaquette défraichie.
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Details of the book - Phillips:
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780961114602
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0961114606
Publishing year: 1983
Publisher: Phillips Petroleum Company
Book in our database since 06.04.2007 12:06:36
Book found last time on 14.01.2018 20:39:55
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...