Detailseite wird geladen...
2000, ISBN: 0916537110
Hardcover, ID: 6871904884
[EAN: 9780916537111], Fine, [PU: Colorado Springs, Colorado, U.S.A.: Colorado Springs Fine Arts Ctr], UTE INDIAN INDIANS NATIVE AMERICANS COLORADO HISTORY, First edition. viii, 248 pp. Color illus. of 182 objects, plus many black-and-white historic photographs. Maps. References. Index. 4to. Cloth. Near New in loke DJ. The first comprehensive work on the arts, culture and history of the Ute Indians in Colorado and Utah with much on beaded clothing, parfleches, basketry, painting, etc. Contents: Ute creation story / told by Alden B. Naranjo and Monica Lujan --Traditions and history of the Caputa and Muache Bands and the Southern Ute people today / Alden B. Naranjo --Ute leaders of the past / Terry G. Knight, Sr .--Traditional cosmology, ecology and language of the Ute Indians / James A. Goss --Ute civilization in prehistory and the Spanish Colonial period / William Wroth --The Ute Indians in southern Colorado since 1850 / Richard N. Ellis --Great Basin affiliations of the Ute peoples of Colorado / Catherine S. Fowler --An artistic style uniquely their own: basketry, parfleches and beaded clothing of the Ute people / Craig D. Bates --Contemporary Ute crafts: revival and innovation / Cathy L. Wright. Out of print in cloth. No names or markings.
Bristlecone Books RMABA, Ridgway, CO, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 21.20
Details of the book - Ute Indian Arts and Culture: From Prehistory to the New Millennium
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0916537110
Publishing year: 2000
Book in our database since 07.11.2007 12:52:44
Book found last time on 29.08.2012 09:39:41
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Pike's Peak Vision: Broadmoor Art Academy, 1919-45", from "David J. Wagner" (0916537102)
- "Ute Indian Arts & Culture: From Prehistory to the New Millennium", from "Wroth, William; Goss, James A.; Ellis, Richard N.; Fowler, Catherine S.; Bates, Craig D." (0916537129)
- "Pottery of the Pueblos of New Mexico: 1700-1940", from "Jonathan Batkin" (0916537099)
- "The Persistence of Myth and Tragedy in Twentieth-Century Mexican Art: Selections from the Collection of Robert B. Ekelund, Jr", from "Robert B. Ekelund" (0916537137)
- "Pottery of the pueblos of New Mexico, 1700-1940", from "Jonathan Batkin" (0916537080)
- "Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center: A History and Selections from the Permanent Collections.", from "Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center" (0916537072)