Detailseite wird geladen...
Myra Dinnerstein examines the choices and compromises of a generation of women who came of age after World War II. Her in-depth study traces the experiences of twenty-two middle-class women from childhood to adulthood and their evolution from traditional wives and mothers to career women at midlife. Her richly detailed interviews explore the tensions of combining work, marriage, and family life and remind us of the significance of one's social and personal context with respect to the ability to make satisfying choices. Middle-class women born between 1936 and 1944 have been split between two worlds. As they were growing up, traditional expectations and limited opportunities seemed to make marriage and motherhood inevitable choices. When they reached their thirties, the Women's Movement and expanding opportunities in the workplace presented options for them that had not been available to their mothers. Now it was considered appropriate for women to have ambitions and to act on them--and the women described in this book were among those who did. Business Business eBook
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Women Between Two Worlds: Midlife Reflections on Work and Family (Women In The Political Economy) - used book
1992, ISBN: 0877228841
[EAN: 9780877228844], [PU: Temple University Press], Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. 100% Money Back Guarantee. Shipped to over one million happy customers. Your purchase benefits world literacy!
BetterWorldBooks.com, Mishawaka, IN, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5]
Shipping costs: EUR 5.58
Details of the book - Women between Two Worlds: Midlife Reflections on Work and Family (Women in the Political Economy)
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780877228844
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0877228841
Publishing year: 1992
Publisher: Temple University Press
Book in our database since 04.02.2008 19:40:24
Book found last time on 17.03.2015 19:10:41
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Life After Death: Widows in Pennsylvania, 1750-1850", from "Wilson, Emily; Wilson, Lisa" (0877228833)
- "Women Between Two Worlds: Midlife Reflections on Work and Family", from "Dinnerstein, Myra" (087722885X)
- "Two Paths Toward Peace", from "Scherer, Donald/ Child, James W." (0877228825)
- "Confronting the Margaret Mead Legacy: Scholarship, Empire, and the South Pacific", from "Lenora Foerstel, Angela Gilliam" (0877228868)
- "Antifoundationalism Old and New", from "Herausgeber: Rockmore, Tom; Singer, Beth J." (0877228817)
- "Dishing It Out CL", from "Paules, Greta F." (0877228876)