Detailseite wird geladen...
We pursue it as a hobby and search for it in the most out-of-the-way places . . . yet few of us actually know very much about kinship. For instance, do you know the degree of blood relationship, or consanguinity, between yourself and your first cousins? Between third cousins and second cousins once removed? Do you know anything at all about the removes? Do you understand the difference between a greataunt and a grandaunt? Or between a cousin-german and a cater cousin? And what about double first cousins? If you're a little vague about any of this, then this book is for you. In clear, practical terms it explains everything there is to know about kinship; about agnate and cognate kinship, collateral and fictive kinship, the kinship connection of orphans, foundlings, foster children, and adopted children. Everything! The expanded second edition features new chapters on the subjects of marriage, names, and wills (kinship and the rights of inheritance); an expanded treatment of other subjects, such as degrees of consanguinity and how to calculate blood relationships; and a new glossary, bibliography, and an index. In short, Jackie Arnold's acclaimed Kinship: It's All Relative is now more authoritative than ever. education and reference,genealogy,marriage and family,parenting and relationships,politics and social sciences,reference,science and math,social science,social sciences,sociology Parenting & Relationships, Genealogical Pub. Co
used Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
Used, Good. Satisfaction Guaranteed. Shipped quickly.
Winter Ventures Inc
Shipping costs: EUR 12.45
Details of the book - Kinship: It's all relative
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780806312736
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0806312734
Publisher: Genealogical Pub. Co
Book in our database since 28.02.2008 23:20:12
Book found last time on 02.10.2017 14:34:30
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Passports of Southeastern Pioneers, 1770-1823: Indian, Spanish and Other Land Passports for Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Mississippi, Virginia, North and South Carolina", from "Potter" (0806312726)
- ISBN: 0806312742
- "German-American Names", from "George F. Jones" (0806312718)
- "Mayflower Marriages", from "Roser, Susan E." (9780806312750)
- "(#1114) Child Apprentices in America from Christ's Hospital, London, 1617-1778", from "Peter Wilson Coldham" (080631270X)
- "Caswell County, North Carolina, Marriage Bonds, 1778-1868", from "Kendall, Katharine K.; Kendall" (9780806312767)