- 9780802838865 The Last Letters of Thomas More (Alv…
- The Last Letters of Thomas More. Text in englische…
Detailseite wird geladen...
2001, ISBN: 0802843948
[EAN: 9780802843944], Near Fine, [SC: 29.4], [PU: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.], BRITAIN, Biography & Autobiography|General, Biography & Autobiography|Religious, Religion|Christianity|History, Religion|Philosophy, Binding tight and straight, Inner pages crisp and clean. ; 0.57 x 9.02 x 6.12 Inches; 214 pages; Written from the Tower of London, these letters of Thomas Moore still speak powerfully today. The story of Thomas Moore, recently told in Peter Ackroyd's bestselling biography, is well known. In the spring of 1534, Thomas Moore was taken to the Tower of London, and after fourteen months in prison, the brilliant author of Utopia, friend of Erasmus and the humanities, and former Lord Chancellor of England was beheaded on Tower Hill. Yet Moore wrote some of his best works as a prisoner, including a set of historically and religiously important letters. The Last Letters of Thomas Moore is a superb new edition of Moore's prison correspondence, introduced and fully annotated for contemporary readers by Alvaro de Silva. Based on the critical edition of Moore's correspondence, this volume begins with letters penned by Moore to Cromwell and Henry VIII in February 1534 and ends with Moore's last words to his daughter, Margaret Roper, on the eve of his execution. Moore writes on a host of topics-prayer and penance, the right use of riches and power, the joys of heaven, psychological depression and suicidal temptations, the moral compromises of those who imprisoned him, and much more. This volume not only records the clarity of Moore's conscience and his readiness to die for the integrity of his religious faith, but it also throws light on the literary works that Moore wrote during the same period and on the religious and political conditions of Tudor England.
Books on the Boulevard, Sherman Oaks, CA, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 29.40
2001, ISBN: 0802843948
[EAN: 9780802843944], Gebraucht, sehr guter Zustand, [PU: Eerdmans Pub Co, Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.A.], Biography & Autobiography|General, Biography & Autobiography|Religious, Religion|Christianity|History, Religion|Philosophy, Pb., viii, 214 pp., commentary, bibliography, index; very good,clean copy, tight binding.
Concordia Books, Rensselaer Falls, NY, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 29.83
[EAN: 9780802843944], Neubuch, [PU: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.], Biography & Autobiography|General, Biography & Autobiography|Religious, Religion|Christianity|History, Religion|Philosophy, 0802843948 Special order direct from the distributor
Russell Books, Victoria, BC, Canada  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 26.69
2000, ISBN: 9780802843944
Trade paperback, ISBN 0-8028-4394-8. Trade Paperback. Second Printing. Near Fine condition. Tight, bright, attractive copy with no markings to the book. Copy One., HISTORY., [PU: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Co]
Tacoma Book Center
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
[EAN: 9780802843944], Gebraucht, guter Zustand, [PU: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.], 0802843948 Good Condition. Has a small amount of writing/highlighting. Five star seller - Buy with confidence!
Hawking Books, Lake Arrowhead, CA, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 31.10
Details of the book - The Last Letters of Thomas More
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780802843944
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0802843948
Publishing year: 2001
Publisher: WILLIAM B EERDMAN CO
Weight: 0,346 kg
Book in our database since 24.05.2007 19:19:15
Book found last time on 02.06.2017 17:21:25
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "The Word on the Street: Performing the Scriptures in the Urban Context", from "Stanley P. Saunders, Charles L. Campbell, Walter Brueggemann" (080284393X)
- "Newman's Challenge", from "Stanley L. Jaki" (0802843956)
- "Marriage, Health, and the Professions: If Marriage is Good for You, What Does This Mean for Law, Medicine, Ministry, Therapy, and Business? (Religion, Marriage, and Family Series,)", from "John Wall, Don S. Browning, William J. Doherty" (0802843921)
- "Hope Against Hope: Christian Eschatology at the Turn of the Millennium", from "Bauckham, Richard J.; Hart, Trevor" (0802843913)
- "Listening Carefully to Jesus", from "R. E. O. White" (0802843972)
- "The Wisdom of the Cross: Essays in Honor of John Howard Yoder", from "Editor-Stanley Hauerwas; Editor-Chris K. Huebner; Editor-Harry J. Huebner; Editor-Mark Thiessen Nation" (0802843980)