Detailseite wird geladen...
[SR: 12768399], Hardcover, [EAN: 9780802059451], University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division, University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division, Book, [PU: University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division], University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division, In his earlier work, Skyscrapers Hide the Heavens, J.R. Miller explored the history of relations between whites and native peoples in Canada. Sweet Promises is a companion volume. It brings together the work of a number of scholars on a wide range of issues in Indian-white relations, and develops many of the themes identified in the earlier work.The articles, all previously published, are concerned with developments in the various regions of Canada from the days of New France to the present. They deal with the early military alliances, relations at the time of the fur trade, civil Indian policy, treaties and reserves, the Northwest Rebellion, the impact of religion and agricultural and educational policies, the emergence of native political organization, differing attitudes towards the environment, and the struggle for aboriginal rights and contemporary land claims disputes. In a new introduction Miller provides an overview of the history of Indian- white relations over five centuries, and in the conclusion he draws together the themes discussed in the volume., 1043882, First Nations, 4809, Canada, 4808, Americas, 9, History, 1000, Subjects, 283155, Books, 11312, Native American Studies, 11298, Specific Demographics, 11232, Social Sciences, 3377866011, Politics & Social Sciences, 1000, Subjects, 283155, Books
Gebraucht Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
[EAN: 9780802059451], Gebraucht, guter Zustand, Minimal damage to cover and binding. Pages show light use. The best quality and service on the net. All books guaranteed.
MotorCityBooks.com, Riverview, MI, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 6.84
Details of the book - Sweet Promises: A Reader on Indian-White Relations in Canada
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0802059457
Book in our database since 17.03.2008 03:21:10
Book found last time on 11.08.2013 10:40:04
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "We're Rooted Here and They Can't Pull Us Up': Essays in African Canadian Women's History", from "Peggy Bristow, Dionne Brand, Linda Carty, Afua Cooper, Sylvia Hamilton, Adrienne Shadd" (0802059430)
- "Structures from the Trivium (Theory/Culture)", from "James F. Burke" (0802059473)
- "Earthquake Engineering: 6th: Canadian Conference Proceedings", from "Shamin Sheikh, S. Uzumeri" (0802059422)
- "The Excavations of San Giovanni Di Ruoti: Volume I: The Villas and Their Environment", from "Small, Alastair M.; Buck, Robert J." (0802059481)
- "The Bone-Biomaterial Interface", from "J.E. Davies" (0802059414)
- "A Moralist in and Out of Parliament: John Stuart Mill at Westminster, 1865-1868", from "Kinzer, Bruce L.; Robson, Ann P.; Robson, John M." (080205949X)