- 9780786886685 Twenty-Five Yards of War: The Extrao…
- 9780316469661 Twenty-Five Yards of War: The Extrao…
- 9780689120077 Fatal Voyage: The Sinking of the Uss…
- 9780767906784 Fatal Voyage: The Sinking of the USS…
- 9780671739980 Fatal Voyage: The Sinking of the Uss…
Detailseite wird geladen...
What was it really like to storm the beach at Normandy? To be bombarded by Japanese pilots over Midway? To lose your friends and your plane? In this amazing collection of firsthand accounts from ordinary soldiers, readers will understand the true meaning of Twenty-Five Yards of War -- a soldier's eye view of the war he is participating in and doing his duty without being overwhelmed or daunted by the larger mission. A combat veteran himself and editor of Voices of D-Day, Ronald J. Drez became privy to the recollections of thousands of World War II vets who participated in actions all over Europe and the Pacific. Here he tells the stories of twelve such men who spoke at length with him about their incredible experiences in combat: from the preparations and rudimentary planning to the height of the action and its aftermath. And, because these accounts come from low-ranking soldiers rather than from the commanders who sent them into the fray, they are even more revealing about the realities of war. Featuring pivotal battles such as Midway and Normandy, as well as lesser-known operations that were also essential to victory, here is an extraordinary opportunity for fans of military history to understand what it really means to fight -- and live through -- a war. Twenty-Five Yards of War: The Extraordinary Courage of Ordinary Men in World War II Drez, Ronald J. / Ambrose, Stephen E., Hyperion Books
Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
These accounts come from low-ranking soldiers rather than from the commanders who sent them into the fray. Featuring pivitol battles such as Midway and Normandy, as well as lesser-known operations that were also essential to victory, here is an extraordinary opportunity for fans of military history to understand what it really means to fightand live througha war. biographies,history,military,teen and young adult,world war ii Teen & Young Adult, Hyperion
used Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
Hardcover, ID: 16512451273
[EAN: 9780786867837], Fine, [SC: 21.63], [PU: Hyperion], History|Military|United States, History|Military|World War II, Jacket, 0786867833 Fine in Fine dust jacket. First edition.* Quality, Value, Experience. For further information or scans please call or email.
Robinson Street Books, IOBA, Binghamton, NY, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 21.63
Hyperion. Hardcover. GOOD. Gently used may contain ex-library markings, possibly has some light highlighting, textual notations, and or underlining. Text is still easily readable., Hyperion
Shipping costs: EUR 8.09
2001, ISBN: 9780786867837
Hard Cover. Hyperion 2001. Unless Listed in this decription, VG or Better.
Sixth Chamber Used Books
Shipping costs: EUR 35.85
Twenty-Five Yards of War: The Extraordinary Courage of Ordinary Men in World War II
Details of the book - Twenty-Five Yards of War: The Extraordinary Courage of Ordinary Men in World War II
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780786867837
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0786867833
Publishing year: 2001
Publisher: Hyperion Books, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Book in our database since 25.10.2007 23:03:31
Book found last time on 24.01.2017 21:37:55
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Burn Before Reading: Presidents, CIA Directors, and Secret Intelligence", from "Turner, Stansfield" (9780786867820)
- ISBN: 0786867841
- "Mosquito: A Natural History of Our Most Persistent and Deadly Foe", from "Andrew Spielman Sc.D., Michael D'Antonio" (9780786867813)
- "Pearl Harbor: The Movie and the Moment (Newmarket Pictorial Moviebooks)", from "Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay, Randall Wallace" (0786867809)
- "The Disapparation of James", from "Ursu, Anne" (0786867795)
- "The Floating Brothel: The Extraordinary True Story of an Eighteenth-Century Ship and Its Cargo of Female Convicts", from "Rees, Sian" (0786867876)