Detailseite wird geladen...
This book represents the first full-length examination of the work of the late, celebrated television playwright, Dennis Potter. Drawing upon a wealth of original research, including a rare interview with the writer himself, John Cook reveals for the first time the often astonishing array of themes which link together all of Potter's writing: from his early television plays in the 1960s right through to his final works in 1994. In this new, fully revised and updated edition, Cook also examines recent events surrounding "the Potter legacy," offering powerful evidence from the writer's final works which raise important questions about its future direction. Dennis Potter: A Life on Screen Cook, John R. / Trodd, Kenith In so doing, Cook unravels a series of clues to the writer as rich and as fascinating as any that haunted the character Philip Marlow, in Potter's most celebrated television series, "The Singing Detective". This book is intended for students and teachers within the fields of media, literary and cultural studies, and also to the general reader, curious to find out more about Potter's life and career.
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Details of the book - Dennis Potter: A Life on Screen
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780719054235
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0719054230
Publisher: Manchester University Press
Book in our database since 09.12.2007 01:56:17
Book found last time on 13.03.2015 12:08:04
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Regulatory Politics in the European Union: Weighing Civic and Producer Interests", from "Young, Alasdair R. / Wallace, Helen" (0719054222)
- "The Politics Today Companion to West European Politics", from "Fischer, Conan" (0719054214)
- "Shakespeare: The Lost Years (LITERATURE, SHAKESPEARE, LITERARY HISTORY)", from "E. A. J. Honigmann" (0719054257)
- "The Politics Today Companion to West European Politics", from "Geoffrey K. Roberts, Patricia Hogwood" (0719054206)
- "Robert Owen and the Commencement of the Millennium: The Harmony Community at Queenwood Farm, Hampshire, 1839-1845", from "Royle, Edward" (0719054265)
- "Political Posters in Central and Eastern Europe 1945-1995: Signs of the Times", from "James Aulich, Marta Sylvestrova" (0719054192)