- 9780892161201 Leadership Secrets of the Salvation…
- 9780978145903 Leadership Secrets of the Salvation…
- 9780676806526 The Most Effective Organization In T…
- 9781610456029 Leadership Secrets of the Salvation…
- 9781618433152 Leadership Secrets of The Salvation…
Detailseite wird geladen...
2001, ISBN: 9780609608692
Hard cover, Gebraucht, guter Zustand, Ships from Reno, NV. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Shipped to over one million happy customers. Your purchase benefits world literacy!, [PU: Crown Business]
Better World Books West
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
2001, ISBN: 9780609608692
Hard cover, Gebraucht, guter Zustand, Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Shipped to over one million happy customers. Your purchase benefits world literacy!, [PU: Crown Business]
Better World Books
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Crown Business. Hardcover. GOOD. Gently used may contain ex-library markings, possibly has some light highlighting, textual notations, and or underlining. Text is still easily readable., Crown Business
Shipping costs: EUR 8.14
2001, ISBN: 060960869X
[EAN: 9780609608692], [PU: Crown Business], Religion|Christianity|Protestantism, Business & Economics|Leadership, Business & Economics|Management, Gebraucht - Gut - 256 pp.
Rheinberg-Buch, Bergisch Gladbach, Germany  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei (EUR 0.00)
Crown Business. Used - Very Good. Very Good condition. Very Good dust jacket., Crown Business
Shipping costs: EUR 7.00
For many people, The Salvation Army is most visible between Thanksgiving and Christmas. That's when its officers, soldiers and volunteers, in the ubiquitous Kettle Campaign, make music and collect money for good works. Few realize, however, that the Army is much, much more than this one effort and is in fact a powerhouse of an organization. None other than Peter Drucker called it "the most effective organization in the U.S." Not the most effective nonprofit, but "the most effective organization." Quite a compliment from the world's most preeminent management thinker, especially when you consider that he is comparing The Salvation Army to world-class corporations like General Electric, IBM and Johnson &Johnson.
Now, Robert Watson, the Army's recently retired national commander, is ready to share the Army's secrets about organization, strategy, and acting with a sense of mission. With its 9,500 centers of operation, $2 billion in annual revenues, and 32 million clients served in every zip code in America, The Salvation Army is the model for doing business with a purpose. As Peter Drucker says, "no one even comes close to it with respect to clarity of mission, ability to innovate, measurable results, dedication and putting money to maximum use":
* Clarity of mission: What you can learn from the Army's laser-like focus of evaluating everything it does in terms of its mission of preaching the gospel and meeting human needs without discrimination.
* Ability to innovate: How The Salvation Army's investment in people gets incredible returns and why it as much venture capitalist as charity.
* Measurable results: Learn The Army's unique ways of setting, monitoring and celebrating the achievement of measurable goals so you, too, can say, "look, we promised we would do this and we delivered."
* Dedication: How the Army accomplishes so much with such a small cadre of officers.
* Putting Money to Maximum Use: What you can learn from The Army's bare skeleton of a national organization in terms of making the most of your resources and making all of your operations self-sufficient.
By demonstrating the power of a sense of purpose combined with organizational effectiveness, this remarkable book has something essential to say to all executives, entrepreneurs, managers, and anyone with the ambition to bring people together to reach a goal.
Free subscription to the Crown Business E-Newsletter just for signing up, email CrownBusiness@Randomhouse.com, Most of us know the Salvation Army from its fundraising efforts and philanthropic programs, but the $2 billion-a-year transcontinental institution, now serving more than 30 million people with a vastly underpaid and overworked staff, is also a model business structure. Under a title taken from the description applied to it by management guru Peter Drucker, The Most Effective Organization in the U.S. outlines the fundamental tenets that the group has prospered under since its founding in the mid- to late 1800s. Written by former National Commander Robert A. Watson and freelancer Ben Brown, the book details eight principles that allow the Army to do so much with so little: focus on "a purpose that transcends quarterly earnings"; make "what you do serve human needs"; stay publicly accountable to visible standards; encourage feedback and act upon it; "invest real power and real responsibility" in top personnel; "accept the inevitability of change"; take calculated risks; and motivate employees by ensuring their jobs are both valuable and enjoyable. Some readers may not be comfortable with the organization's overt ties to Christian teachings, but few can argue with the success it consistently enjoys. --Howard Rothman
Details of the book - The Most Effective Organization in the U.S.: Leadership Secrets of the Salvation Army
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780609608692
ISBN (ISBN-10): 060960869X
Publishing year: 2001
Publisher: Crown Business
Book in our database since 17.04.2007 09:15:43
Book found last time on 02.07.2017 16:10:38
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Blue Skies, Green Fields: A Celebration of 50 Major League Baseball Stadiums", from "Ira Rosen" (0609608681)
- "Swift as Desire: A Novel", from "Laura Esquivel" (0609608703)
- "Girls' Night Out: Celebrating Women's Groups Across America", from "Barbara Camens, Tamara Kreinin" (0609608673)
- "Play by Play: Baseball, Radio and Life in the Last Chance League", from "Neal Conan" (0609608711)
- "Underdogs: Beauty Is More Than Fur Deep", from "Dratfield, Jim" (060960872X)
- "Customers Rule!: Why the E-Commerce Honeymoon Is Over & Where Winning Businesses Go from Here", from "Roger D. Blackwell, Kristina Stephan" (0609608657)