Detailseite wird geladen...
David Breskin is a fantastically talented interviewer: he has a knack for asking probing questions and the good sense to make sure his subjects answer them directly. He's assured enough not to be cowed by his famous interviewees, but humble enough to let them do most of the talking. Inner Views contains eight lengthy conversations that Breskin held with some of the most prominent modern film directors, many of them caught in the process of making their most important recent works. Francis Ford Coppola reveals the reasons for making The Godfather Part III after 16 years of refusals. Oliver Stone traces his life from his earliest memories to the making of JFK. Spike Lee, fresh from the success of Do the Right Thing, talks about the meaning of that movie and of Jungle Fever, which followed it. Robert Altman waxes eloquently on his unique filmmaking process, particularly as it relates to The Player and Short Cuts. And Clint Eastwood, caught just before the release of Unforgiven, gives a lively overview of his career. Throw in engrossing conversations with David Lynch, David Cronenberg, and Tim Burton and you have a book that provides indispensable insight into the life and work of the world's most intriguing filmmakers. arts music and photography,direction and production,history and criticism,humor and entertainment,movies,performing arts Movies, Faber & Faber
used Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
1992, ISBN: 0571129293
Erscheinungsjahr: 1992., Verlag/Ort: Faber & Faber, Gordonsville, Virginia, U.S.A., ! New, no remainder marks, no shelf wear, no surprises. Same day Shping. !, ISBN 0571129293, Trade Paperback, New. [MOTION PICTURE PRODUCERS DIRECTORS PERFORMING]
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Inner Views: Filmmakers in Conversation.
Details of the book - Inner Views: Filmmakers in Conversation.
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0571129293
Publishing year: 1992
Publisher: Faber & Faber, Gordonsville, Virginia, U.S.A.
Book in our database since 18.01.2008 08:01:36
Book found last time on 05.12.2016 16:28:57
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Love & Loss: Stories of the Heart", from "Hammick, Georgina; Jhabvala, Ruth; Warner, Sylvia; Lessing, Doris; Parker, Dorothy; Taylor, Elizabeth; Boyle, Kay; Woolf, Virginia; Wharton, Edith; Gupta, Rahila; Munro, Alice; Bowen, Elizabeth; Mansfield, Katherine; Melville, Pauline; Paley, Grace; et al" (0571129285)
- "whale song, songs humpback whale" (0571129277)
- "Stories for Nine-Year-Olds and Other Young Readers (Paperback)", from "Sara Corrin Stephen Corrin" (0571129315)
- "Rock & Roll: An Unruly History", from "Palmer, Robert" (0571129269)
- "The L. A. Musical History Tour : a Guide to the Rock and Roll Landmarks of Los Angeles / Art Fein", from "Art Fein" (0571129323)
- "Barton Fink/Miller's Crossing. Screenplays for the Motion Pictures", from "Joel Coen, Ethan Coen" (0571129250)