Detailseite wird geladen...
Eva Rice, author of The Lost Art of Keeping Secretsaa BookSense and Discover pick and a #4 UK bestsellerareturns with another novel of larger-than-life characters and spellbinding friendships. It is 1962. Tara Jupp is seventeen and living with her seven brothers and sisters under the iron thumb of her father, the local vicar. After singing the solo at a wedding, she attracts the attention of the groom, Billy Laurier, one of the most successful music impresarios in the country. He believes sheas a star. He takes Tara out of Cornwall and up to town. Tara is caught up in the chaos and urgency of pre-Beatles London, a scene pioneered by Billyas wife, Matilda, a model hell-bent on self destruction; a boy named Digby who thinks nothing of wearing eyeliner to parties and entertaining tramps; and Inigo Wallace, a songwriter from America with an addiction to a folk singer named Bob Dylan. This is a novel about leaving home and finding yourself in the right place at the right time entirely by accident. It is the story of what happens when you go out in a short skirt carrying nothing but a package of cigarettes. This is London before cell phones and e-mail and smoking laws. This is the sixties, and something big is about to happen. . . . Eva Rice, Books, Fiction and Literature, Fiction, Dragonfly Summer Books>Fiction and Literature>Fiction
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Details of the book - Dragonfly Summer
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780525950226
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0525950222
Book in our database since 18.11.2007 06:00:44
Book found last time on 20.03.2015 02:37:37
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "The Devil, the Lovers, & Me: My Life in Tarot", from "Auerbach, Kimberlee" (9780525950219)
- "The Man with the Phantom Twin: Adventures in the Neuroscience of the Human Brain", from "V S Ramachandran" (0525950230)
- "Think India: The Rise of the World's Next Superpower and What It Means for Every American", from "Rai, Vinay; Simon, William L." (9780525950202)
- "Poincare's Prize: The Hundred-Year Quest to Solve One of Math's Greatest Puzzles", from "Szpiro, George G." (9780525950240)
- "Discover Your Inner Economist: Use Incentives to Fall in Love, Survive Your Next Meeting, and Motivate Your Dentist", from "Cowen, Tyler" (9780525950257)
- "The Sleeping Beauty Proposal", from "Sarah Strohmeyer" (9780525950189)