Detailseite wird geladen...
[ED: Hardcover], [PU: CAMBRIDGE UNIV PR], This book examines the vital role of market towns in the medieval economy. It focuses on Exeter, and on how it served as an important link in a marketing chain that connected local, regional, and overseas trade. Although small by most standards (the population stood at around 3,100 in 1377), Exeter was the largest town in south-western England and had long played a central role in the marketing hierarchy of the region. Its functions can be illustrated through prosopographical analysis, a methodology which creates 'collective biographies' of specific groups of traders, thereby revealing the identity - status, occupation, residence - of buyers and sellers, the goods they exchanged, where they traded, and how they marketed their goods. Such an approach also helps to characterise the town's regional networks of trade and hinterland.Table of contents:Introduction Part I. The Regional Economy of Medieval Devon: 1. Agriculture, industry and trade 2. Markets, fairs and towns Part II. The Economy of Medieval Exeter: 3. Economy and government in medieval Exeter 4. Commerce and occupational structure Part III. Local Markets and Regional Networks of Trade: 5. Transaction costs 6. The port trade and the hinterland 7. Internal trade and the hinterland Conclusion Appendices.This book offers a detailed study of the types of trade that occurred in a medieval English market town. It focuses above all on the identity of buyers and sellers in late fourteenth-century Exeter, a port town which enjoyed particularly good overland connections throughout south-western England.A detailed study of the types of trade that occurred in late fourteenth-century Exeter.458 pages - 43 tables 7 mapsVersandfertig in über 4 Wochen, [SC: 0.00]
buecher.de GmbH & Co. KG
Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei, Versand nach Deutschland (EUR 0.00)
1995, ISBN: 0521333717, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: CAMBRIDGE UNIV PR, 460 Seiten, L=229mm, B=152mm, H=30mm, Gew.=844gr, [GR: 17820 - HC/Wirtschaft/Allgemeines, Lexika, Geschichte], [SW: - Business / Economics / Finance], Gebunden, Klappentext: A detailed study of the types of trade that occurred in late fourteenth-century Exeter. A detailed study of the types of trade that occurred in late fourteenth-century Exeter.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
A detailed study of the types of trade that occurred in late fourteenth-century Exeter. Textbooks New Books ~~ Business & Economics~~ Economic History Local-Markets-and-Regional-Trade-in-Medieval-Exeter~~Maryanne-Kowaleski Cambridge University Press A detailed study of the types of trade that occurred in late fourteenth-century Exeter.
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
[ED: Hardcover], [PU: CAMBRIDGE UNIV PR], A detailed study of the types of trade that occurred in late fourteenth-century Exeter.458 pages - 43 tables 7 mapsVersandfertig in 6-10 Tagen, [SC: 0.00]
buecher.de GmbH Co. KG
Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei, Versand in die EU (EUR 0.00)
Details of the book - Local Markets and Regional Trade in Medieval Exeter
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780521333719
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0521333717
Publishing year: 1995
Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIV PR
Weight: 0,844 kg
Book in our database since 10.08.2007 19:41:42
Book found last time on 12.10.2015 11:34:42
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Phosphate Deposits of the World: Genesis of Neogene to Recent Phosphorites: 003 (World and Regional Geology Series : International Geological Correlation)", from "William C. Burnett, Stanley R. Riggs" (9780521333702)
- "Fifteen Generations of Bretons: Kinship and Society in Lower Brittany, 1720-1980 (Cambridge Studies in Social and Cultural Anthropology)", from "Martine Segalen, J. A. Underwood" (0521333695)
- "Ezra Pound: The Cantos (Landmarks of World Literature)", from "George Kearns" (0521333733)
- "Energy 2000: A Reference Projection and Alternative Outlooks for the European Community and the World to the Year 2000", from "Jean-Francois Guilmot" (0521333687)
- "A Tropical Belle Epoque: Elite Culture and Society in Turn-of-the-Century Rio de Janeiro (Cambridge Latin American Studies)", from "D., Jeffrey" (0521333741)
- "Vox Graeca: The Pronunciation of Classical Greek", from "W. Sidney Allen" (0521333679)