- 9781107299733 A Mathematician´s Apology (Hardy, G…
- 9780521095778 A Mathematician's Apology (G. H. Har…
- 9781107386853 A Mathematician's Apology (G. H. Har…
- 9781466402690 A Mathematician's Apology (G. H. Har…
- 9781987817454 A Mathematician's Apology (G. H. Har…
- 9780521427067 A Mathematician's Apology (Hardy, G.…
- 9781107604636 A Mathematician's Apology (Canto Cla…
- 9781139893886 Mathematician`s Apology (G. H. Hardy…
- 2900521427066 Mathematician's Apology (G. H. Hardy…
- 2901466402699 Mathematician's Apology (G. H. Hardy…
- A Mathematician's Apology (Hardy, G. H.; Hardy, Go…
- A Mathematician's Apology (Hardy, G. H.; Forwo…
- Mathematician's Apology (Hardy G H)
Detailseite wird geladen...
[SR: 1486809], Hardcover, [EAN: 9780521052078], Cambridge University Press, Cambridge University Press, Book, [PU: Cambridge University Press], 1967-09-01, Cambridge University Press, 923006, Higher Education, 922526, Education, 278320, Mathematics, 57, Science & Nature, 1025612, Subjects, 266239, Books, 922944, Recreational, 278320, Mathematics, 57, Science & Nature, 1025612, Subjects, 266239, Books, 922942, Maths, 922868, Popular Science, 57, Science & Nature, 1025612, Subjects, 266239, Books, 564352, Mathematics, 570902, Algebra, 570874, Applied Mathematics, 570912, Calculus & Mathematical Analysis, 570934, Combinatorics & Graph Theory, 570936, Geometry, 570964, Mathematical Theory, 564334, Scientific, Technical & Medical, 1025612, Subjects, 266239, Books, 270497, Brain Teasers, 270496, Puzzles & Quizzes, 270453, Hobbies & Games, 55, Sports, Hobbies & Games, 1025612, Subjects, 266239, Books, 270505, Mathematical Games, 270496, Puzzles & Quizzes, 270453, Hobbies & Games, 55, Sports, Hobbies & Games, 1025612, Subjects, 266239, Books
Your Online Bookstore
, Gebraucht Shipping costs:Europa Zone 1: GBP 5,48 pro Produkt.. Usually dispatched within 1-2 business days (EUR 4.97)
This is a unique account of the fascination of mathematics and of one of its most compelling exponents in modern times. education and reference,humor and entertainment,math,math games,mathematics,puzzles and games,science and math,science and math,textbooks Mathematics, Cambridge University Press
used. Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten., plus shipping costs
2009, ISBN: 0521052076
[EAN: 9780521052078], Gebraucht, guter Zustand, [PU: Cambridge University Press], Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!
Books Express, Portsmouth, NH, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 33.44
Cambridge U.P. Used - Good. Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. 100% Money Back Guarantee. Shipped to over one million happy customers. Your purchase benefits world literacy!, Cambridge U.P
Better World Books
Shipping costs: EUR 3.55
1967, ISBN: 0521052076
[EAN: 9780521052078], Neubuch, [PU: Cambridge University Press], Mathematics|General, Never used!
Murray Media, North Miami Beach, FL, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 16.72
Hardy was, in his own words, "for a short time the fifth best pure mathematician in the world" and knew full well that "no mathematician should ever allow himself to forget that mathematics, more than any other art or science, is a young man's game." In a long biographical foreword to Apology, C.P. Snow (now best known for The Two Cultures) offers invaluable background and a context for his friend's occasionally brusque tone: "His life remained the life of a brilliant young man until he was old; so did his spirit: his games, his interests, kept the lightness of a young don's. And, like many men who keep a young man's interests into their sixties, his last years were the darker for it." Reading Snow's recollections of Hardy's Cambridge University years only makes Apology more poignant. Hardy was popular, a terrific conversationalist, and a notoriously good cricket player.
When summer came, it was taken for granted that we should meet at the cricket ground.... He used to walk round the cinderpath with a long, loping, clumping-footed stride (he was a slight spare man, physically active even in his late fifties, still playing real tennis), head down, hair, tie, sweaters, papers all flowing, a figure that caught everyone's eyes. "There goes a Greek poet, I'll be bound," once said some cheerful farmer as Hardy passed the score-board.
G.H. Hardy's elegant 1940 memoir has provided generations of mathematicians with pithy quotes and examples for their office walls, and plenty of inspiration to either be great or find something else to do. He is a worthy mentor, a man who understood deeply and profoundly the rewards and losses of true devotion. --Therese Littleton
Details of the book - A Mathematician's Apology
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780521052078
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0521052076
Publishing year: 1940
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Book in our database since 15.05.2007 11:13:31
Book found last time on 19.12.2017 22:22:37
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Inequalities", from "G. H. Hardy, J. E. Littlewood, G. Pólya" (0521052068)
- "Fourier Series (Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics)", from "Hardy" (0521052084)
- "A Course of Pure Mathematics, Student's Edition", from "G. H. Hardy" (0521052041)
- "The Theme of Jewish Persecution of Christians in the Gospel According to St Matthew (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)", from "Douglas R. A. Hare" (0521052106)
- "A Course of Pure Mathematics (Cambridge Mathematical Library)", from "G. H. Hardy" (0521052033)
- "Fortress-Churches of Languedoc: Architecture, Religion and Conflict in the High Middle Ages", from "Bonde, Sheila" (9780521052023)