Detailseite wird geladen...
Many suburban gardens are recognised as being rich in wildlife. Published accounts of their natural history, however, are largely antecdotal with little quantitative basis. This is therefore a unique documentation of the wildlife that existed in the author''s Leicestershire garden over a fifteen year period between 1972 and 1986. In total, the diversity, abundance and yearly fluctuations of 1757 species of animal and 422 species of plant were recorded. After an introduction to urban wildlife, gardens and the natural history of Leicestershire, the author describes her garden and the techniques employed for trapping, collection and recording of the species. In discussion of the results from this fifteen year study, the author views the suburban garden as an ecological habitat. One of the most important conclusions reached by Dr Owen is that with increasing despoliation of the countryside, gardens will have considerable significance for conservation. This is an essential book for any professional or amateur ecologist interested in the ecological communities that exist within the suburban garden. Jennifer Owen, Books, Science and Nature, The Ecology of a Garden: The First Fifteen Years Books>Science and Nature Unique documentation of the wildlife that existed in a Leicestershire garden from 1972 to 1986.
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
Ecology Of A Garden Pb editado por Cambridge, [PU: Cambridge University Press]
ENG Shipping costs:mais custos de envio, plus shipping costs
Details of the book - The Ecology of a Garden: The First Fifteen Years
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780521018418
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0521018412
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Book in our database since 22.10.2007 18:52:52
Book found last time on 28.04.2016 17:38:55
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Cognitive Ecology of Pollination: Animal Behaviour and Floral Evolution", from "Chittka, Lars / Thomson, James D. (eds.)" (9780521018401)
- "Sodium Hunger: The Search for a Salty Taste", from "Schulkin, Jay" (9780521018425)
- "Electron Scattering for Nuclear and Nucleon Structure", from "Walecka, John Dirk; John Dirk, Walecka" (9780521018395)
- "Magnetic Ceramics", from "Valenzuela, Raul; Raul, Valenzuela" (9780521018432)
- "Identifying British Insects and Arachnids: An Annotated Bibliography of Key Works", from "Peter C. Barnard" (9780521018388)
- "Animals and Disease: An Introduction to the History of Comparative Medicine", from "Wilkinson, Lise" (9780521018449)