Detailseite wird geladen...
Welcome to Brighton Beach of the 1930s and early '40s as filtered through Simon Sloan, from youth to would-be artist-as-a-young-man at Brooklyn College to the eve of his induction into the army. Wallace Markfield perfectly captures this Jewish neighborhood--its speech, its people, its unique zaniness.But like any masterpiece--Joyce's "Dubliners" comes readily to mind--"Teitlebaum's Window "both survives and expands upon its time and place. While remaining rooted in the specifics of its own world, thirty-seven years after first being published it teems with Markfield's inventiveness, hilarity, and singular voice. contemporary,literature and fiction Literature & Fiction, Alfred A. Knopf
used Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
2004, ISBN: 0394448006
[EAN: 9780394448008], Gebraucht, guter Zustand, [PU: Alfred A. Knopf], Giving great service since 2004: Buy from the Best! 4,000,000 items shipped to delighted customers. We have 1,000,000 unique items ready to ship! Find your Great Buy today!
OwlsBooks, Hammond, IN, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 11.50
Details of the book - Teitlebaum's Window
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0394448006
Publishing year: 2004
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf
Book in our database since 13.04.2007 16:19:03
Book found last time on 24.08.2016 18:55:15
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "The Technological Society", from "Jacques Ellul; Translator-John Wilkinson; Introduction-Robert K. Merton" (0394448030)
- "A Tear and a Smile (Sole complete authorised version)", from "Kahlil Gibran, Robert Hillyer, H.M. Nahmad" (0394448049)
- "Tell Freedom", from "P Abrahams" (0394448065)
- "Technology in the Ancient World", from "Henry Hodges" (0394448081)
- "Tales of the Don", from "Mikhail Aleksandrovich Sholokhov" (0394447913)
- "The Temple of the Golden Pavilion", from "Mishima, Yukio" (0394448103)