Detailseite wird geladen...
The war on germs is being fought on many fronts -- from the skirmishes with disease-carrying mosquitoes to the high-profile battle against terrorists. Indeed, today's bold headlines would have us believe that the biggest threat comes from bioterrorism. But don't underestimate Mother Nature, perhaps the most savage bioterrorist of all. Author Madeline Drexler makes it clear that we'd best not ignore her. As modern life grows increasingly complex, human beings and the pathogens that attack them are crossing paths more and more frequently. Whatever the infectious agent may be, whether it is pandemic flu, foodborne illness, a debilitating disease carried far and wide by biting insects, or some new microbial horror we have yet to detect, keen surveillance and rapid response are really the only weapons in our arsenal. Secret Agents looks at today's new and emerging infections and tells the stories of scientists racing to catch up with invisible adversaries superior in both speed and guile. Each chapter looks at a different threat: foodborne pathogens, antibiotic resistance, animal- and insectborne diseases, pandemic influenza, infectious causes of chronic disease, and bioterrorism, including the latest information on the public health threats posed by anthrax and diseases like smallpox. Emerging infections are among the many secret ties that bind the world into an organic whole. We know that infectious disease is an inescapable part of life. But we need to begin thinking globally and acting locally if we are to avoid the menace of a catastrophic outbreak of some new plague. Secret Agents sounds a clear and compelling call to take up arms against the organic predators among us. Secret Agents: The Menace of Emerging Infections Drexler, Madeline, National Academy Press
Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten., plus shipping costs
2002, ISBN: 0309076382
[EAN: 9780309076388], Usato, buono stato, [SC: 3.34], [PU: Henry (Joseph) Press], A few small marks to the page edges. A slight tan to the page edges. Good condition is defined as: a copy that has been read but remains in clean condition. All of the pages are intact and the cover is intact and the spine may show signs of wear. The book may have minor markings which are not specifically mentioned. Most items will be dispatched the same or the next working day.
Revival Books Ltd, Rossendale, LANCS, United Kingdom  [Rating: 5 (su 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK. Shipping costs: EUR 3.34
2002, ISBN: 9780309076388
Joseph Henry Press, 2002-02-01. Hardcover. Good. BOOK ONLY, CD/CODE NOT INCLUDED!! Book is in great condition!! Cover shows very little wear and pages have minimal markings. FAST SHIPPING W/USPS TRACKING!!!, Joseph Henry Press, 2002-02-01
Shipping costs: EUR 30.20
2002, ISBN: 0309076382
[EAN: 9780309076388], [SC: 28.47], [PU: Joseph Henry Press], BOOK ONLY, CD/CODE NOT INCLUDED!! Book is in great condition!! Cover shows very little wear and pages have minimal markings. FAST SHIPPING W/USPS TRACKING!!!
TextbooksPro, Dayton, OH, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (su 5)]
Shipping costs: EUR 28.47
[EAN: 9780309076388], Usato, buono stato, [SC: 28.42], [PU: National Academies Press]
TextbookRush, Grandview Heights, OH, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (su 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK. Shipping costs: EUR 28.42
Details of the book - Secret Agents: The Menace of Emerging Infections
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780309076388
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0309076382
Publishing year: 2002
Publisher: NATL ACADEMY PR
Weight: 0,680 kg
Book in our database since 08.10.2007 08:37:39
Book found last time on 25.11.2017 18:00:50
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Scientific and Medical Aspects of Human Reproductive Cloning", from "Committee on Science Engineering and Pub; Peat, F. David; National Research Council" (0309076374)
- "A Good Start in Life: Understanding Your Child's Brain and Behavior", from "Herschkowitz, Norbert, MD; Herschkowitz, Elinore Chapman; Norbert Herschkowitz M D" (0309076390)
- "Immunization Safety Review: Thimerosal-Containing Vaccines and Neurodevelopmental Disorders", from "Kathleen Stratton, Alicia Gable, Marie C. McCormick" (0309076366)
- "The End of Stress as We Know It", from "Bruce McEwen, Elizabeth Norton Lasley, Elizabeth Lasley" (0309076404)
- "Perspectives on the Department of Defense Global Emerging Infections: Surveillance and Response System, a Program Review", from "Institute of Medicine; Committee to Review the Department of De; Medical Follow-Up Agency" (0309076358)
- "From Certainty to Uncertainty: The Story of Science and Ideas in the Twentieth Century", from "F. David Peat, National Academy of Sciences" (0309076412)