Detailseite wird geladen...
The U.S. National Park Service needs much better scientific information to protect the nation's parks for future generations, and research must be an essential element in its mandate. Science and the National Parks examines the reasons why science is important to the national parks, reviews previous evaluations of research in the parks, and recommends ways to improve the current science program The U.S. National Park Service needs much better scientific information to protect the nation's parks for future generations, and research must be an essential element in its mandate. Science and the National Parks examines the reasons why science is important to the national parks, reviews previous evaluations of research in the parks, and recommends ways to improve the current science program. The book stresses the need for two distinct but related approaches to research, called "science for the parks" and "parks for science." Science for the parks includes research to gain understanding of park resources and develop effective management strategies. The parks for science concept recognizes that the national parks are potentially very important to scientific investigations of broad national and global environmental problems and invaluable for understanding the ecological response to anthropogenic change. Science and the National Parks is a critical assessment of the problems hampering the current Park Service science program, providing strong recommendations to help the agency establish a true mandate for science, create separate funding and autonomy for the program, and enhance its credibility and quality. Books, Science and Geography~~The Environment~~Management of Land & Natural Resources, Science And The National Parks~~Book~~9780309047814~~Environment Commission On Geosciences, Division On Earth And Life Studies, National Research Council, Committee On Improving The Science And Technology Programs Of The National Park Service, , , , , , , , , ,, [PU: National Academy of Sciences]
MPN: , SKU 18699532 Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
Details of the book - Science And The National Parks
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780309047814
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0309047811
Book in our database since 23.04.2007 12:03:38
Book found last time on 20.01.2016 12:10:16
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Japan's Growing Technological Capability: Implications for the U.S. Economy", from "Thomas S. Arrison, C. Fred Bergsten, Edward M. Graham, Martha Harris" (0309047803)
- "Biographical Memoirs: V.62", from "Office of the Home Secretary, National Academy of Sciences" (9780309047821)
- "U.S.-Japan Strategic Alliances in the Semiconductor Industry: Technology Transfer, Competition, and Public Policy", from "Committee on Japan; Office of International Affairs; Policy and Global Affairs; National Research Council" (030904779X)
- "The Role of Public Agencies in Fostering New Technology and Innovation in Building", from "David R. Dibner, National Research Council, Andrew C. Lemer (Editor)" (0309047838)
- "Science and Engineering Programs On Target for Women?", from "Marsha Lakes Matyas" (0309047781)
- "The Competitive Edge: Research Priorities for U.S.Manufacturing", from "Committee on Analysis of Research Directions and Needs in U.S. Manufacturing, Commission on Engineering and Technical Systems, Board on Manufacturing and Engineering Design, Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences, National Research Council, Nationa" (0309047846)