- 9781565845596 Uncommon People: Resistance, Rebelli…
- 9781565844667 Uncommon People: Resistance, Rebelli…
- 9780349112282 Uncommon People (Hobsbawm, Eric)
- 9781780220536 Uncommon People (Eric Hobsbawm)
- Uncommon People: Resistance, Rebellion and Jazz (H…
Detailseite wird geladen...
These 26 essays range over the history of working men and women between the late18th century and the present day. They include Hobsbawm's pioneering studies in labour history and social protest - the formation of the British workin class, labour custom and traditions, the political radicalism of 19th century shoemakers, male and female images in revolutionary movements, the machine-breakers, revolution and sex, peasants and politics, the rules of violence, the common-sense of Tom Paine. There are more recent reflections: on the May Day holiday; the Vietnam War; socialism and the avantgarde; Mario Puzo, the Mafia and the Sicilian bandit Salvatore Guiliano; and the cultural consequences of Christopher Columbus. There are tributes to some of jazz's legendary figures - Count Basie, SidneyBechet and Dike Ellington - anf the tragic blues-singer Billie Holiday. arts music and photography,business and investing,economics,essays,essays and correspondence,home and garden,historical study and educational resources,history,history and theory,jazz Music, Trafalgar Square
used Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
Trafalgar Square. Hardcover. VERY GOOD. Cover and pages show some wear from reading and storage., Trafalgar Square
Shipping costs: EUR 8.42
Paperback. Very Good.
World of Books Ltd
Shipping costs: EUR 4.53
Hardback. Very Good.
World of Books Ltd
Shipping costs: EUR 4.86
Uncommon People: Resistance, Rebellion and Jazz
Details of the book - Uncommon People: Resistance, Rebellion and Jazz
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780297819165
ISBN (ISBN-10): 029781916X
Publishing year: 1998
Publisher: Trafalgar Square
Book in our database since 04.11.2007 07:55:49
Book found last time on 09.02.2017 10:58:22
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "On History", from "Eric Hobsbawm" (0297819151)
- "The Boer War", from "Thomas Pakenham" (0297819143)
- "Massacre At Montsegur: A History Of The Albigensian Crusade", from "Zoe Oldenbourg" (0297819127)
- "Mary Curzon", from "Nigel Nicolson" (0297819119)
- "Lolita", from "Vladimir Nabokov" (0297819100)
- "The Future of Asia and the Pacific", from "Hawthorn, Geoffrey" (0297819224)