Detailseite wird geladen...
Howard Wesley Johnson has been associated with MIT for more than forty years and been a major influence on the modernization and expansion of many of its programs. He will be most remembered as a management educator and as MIT's president during the turbulent late 1960s and early 1970s. The title of his memoirs reflects his central, usually lonely position in those days, trying to hold together an institution often torn apart by the turmoil of the times. Johnson was more successful at navigating the minefields on campus than were many other college and university presidents, perhaps because he was always willing to listen to both sides and because his values were in the right place--against the war in Vietnam, in favor of increased participation in the university by women and minorities, and concerned about environmental issues. As a professor and administrator at MIT, a corporate director, and an advisor to American government agencies and to museums and foundations, Johnson consistently sought both to understand and to apply the principles of good management. Holding the Center: Memoirs of a Life in Higher Education Johnson, Howard Wesley / Reed, John S. --Thomas Winship, former editor, "The Boston Globe"
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
1999, ISBN: 0262100797, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: MIT PR, 344 Seiten, L=236mm, B=160mm, H=27mm, Gew.=712gr, [GR: 17220 - HC/Erziehung/Bildung/Allgemeines /Lexika], [SW: - Biography / Autobiography], Gebunden, Klappentext: --Thomas Winship, former editor, "The Boston Globe" --Thomas Winship, former editor, "The Boston Globe"
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Binding:Gebundene Ausgabe,Label:Mit Pr,Publisher:Mit Pr,NumberOfItems:2,medium:Gebundene Ausgabe,numberOfPages:344,publicationDate:1999-06-11,authors:Johnson, Howard Wesley,ISBN:0262100797 Gebundene Ausgabe, Mit Pr
Nr. M00262100797 Shipping costs:, 3, DE. (EUR 1.00)
1999, ISBN: 9780262100793
Binding:Gebundene Ausgabe,Label:Mit Pr,Publisher:Mit Pr,NumberOfItems:2,medium:Gebundene Ausgabe,numberOfPages:344,publicationDate:1999-06-11,ISBN:0262100797 Gebundene Ausgabe, Mit Pr
Nr. M00262100797 Shipping costs:, 3, zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
Holding the Center: Memoirs of a Life in Higher Education
Details of the book - Holding the Center: Memoirs of a Life in Higher Education
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780262100793
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0262100797
Publishing year: 1999
Publisher: MIT PR
Weight: 0,712 kg
Book in our database since 16.04.2007 09:00:57
Book found last time on 14.01.2017 09:01:18
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Language, Logic, and Concepts", from "Editor-Ray S. Jackendoff; Editor-Paul Bloom; Editor-Karen Wynn" (0262100789)
- "The paradox of sleep - the story of dreaming", from "Jouvet, Michel" (0262100800)
- "Systems That Learn: An Introduction to Learning Theory", from "Jain, Sanjay; Royer, James S.; Sharma, Arun Kumar" (0262100770)
- "Dynamics in Action: Intentional Behavior as a Complex System", from "Juarrero, Alicia" (0262100819)
- "Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 10: Proceedings of the 1997 Conference", from "JORDAN, MICHAEL I. : MICHAEL J. KEARNS: SARA A. SOLLA" (0262100762)
- "Econometrics, Volume 1: Econometric Modeling of Producer Behavior", from "Jorgenson, Dale Weldeau" (0262100827)