- 9780300099874 Hermeneutics as Politics: Second Edi…
- 9780195049084 Hermeneutics As Politics (Odion) (St…
- Hermeneutics as Politics (Rosen, Stanley)
Detailseite wird geladen...
A new multidisciplinary series, ODEON will serve as a transfer point--much as the station ODEON in the Paris metro--for the many provocative lines of thought that enliven contemporary cultural criticism. ODEON will publish original works and translations that enhance the intellectual exchange between Europe and the English-speaking world in the areas of literature, criticism, philosophy, and historical and political reflection. Combining exemplary scholarship and analytic precision, Stanley Rosen illuminates the underpinnings of post-modernist thought, providing valuable insight as he pursues two arguments: first, that post-modernism, which regards itself as an attack upon the Enlightenment, is in fact the penultimate stage of the Enlightenment itself; and second, that the extraordinary contemporary emphasis upon hermeneutics is the latest consequence of the triumph of history over mathematics within the unstable essence of the Enlightenment. Hermeneutics is consequently at bottom a political phenomenon. In developing these arguments, Rosen demonstrates the paradigmatic status of Kant for a proper understanding of post-modernism, analyzes Derrida's influential critique of Platonism as well as his defense of writing, explains the political dimension of the quarrel between the ancients and moderns by studying the hermeneutics of Leo Strauss and Alexander Kojève, and shows how the modern notion of "theory" is intrinsically relativized by the triumph of history ov aesthetics,education and reference,history and criticism,humanities,literature and fiction,mathematics,movements and periods,philosophy,political science,politics and government Philosophy, Oxford University Press
used Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
1989, ISBN: 0195061616
[EAN: 9780195061611], Gebraucht, sehr guter Zustand, [PU: Oxford University Press, Oxford], Literary Criticism|General, Mathematics|Applied, Philosophy|General, Philosophy|Political, Political Science|Reference, Spine sunned but unbroken, covers crisp but pulling open, foxing to page-edges, edges of first & last pages o/w interior clean & tight.
Throckmorton's Bookshop, Atherstone, United Kingdom  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 10.81
1990, ISBN: 0195061616
[EAN: 9780195061611], [PU: Oxford University Press, USA], Literary Criticism|General, Mathematics|Applied, Philosophy|General, Philosophy|Political, Political Science|Reference
ExtremelyReliable, RICHMOND, TX, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
Shipping costs: EUR 3.99
[EAN: 9780195061611], Gebraucht, sehr guter Zustand, [PU: Oxford University Press], This copy shows very minor wear.
Free State Books, Halethorpe, MD, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 6.20
Details of the book - Hermeneutics as Politics (Od 'eon Series)
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780195061611
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0195061616
Publishing year: 1990
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Book in our database since 30.10.2007 21:28:23
Book found last time on 04.06.2017 11:44:24
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Desire and Domestic Fiction: A Political History of the Novel", from "Armstrong, Nancy" (0195061608)
- "Catherine the Great: Life and Legend", from "Alexander, John T." (0195061624)
- "Farce and Fantasy: Popular Entertainment in Eighteenth-Century Paris", from "Isherwood, Robert M." (0195061594)
- "Secret and Sacred: The Diaries of James Henry Hammond, a Southern Slaveholder", from "James Henry Hammond" (0195061632)
- "Persistent Inequalities: Women and World Development", from "Irene Tinker" (0195061586)
- "Am I My Parents' Keeper? An Essay on Justice between the Young and Old. OUP. 1988.", from "Norman DANIELS" (0195061640)