- 9780399238857 America the Beautiful (Bates, Kather…
- 9780757999864 America, the Beautiful (Bates, Kathe…
- 9780316083386 America the Beautiful (Bates, Kathar…
- 9785550154250 America the Beautiful (Katharine Lee…
- 9780816774906 America the Beautiful (Bates, Kathar…
Detailseite wird geladen...
With his stunning paintings of American landscapes and historical moments, Wendell Minor celebrates our nation's history and beauty and transforms a musical tribute into a visual masterpiece. Wendell Minor is an extraordinarily talented fine artist who has received more than two hundred awards for his work. Authors refer to him as a "quiet genius" who creates with simplicity and elegance, a "master" at capturing the essence of the written word in vivid imagery, of creating brilliant paintings that evoke the true spirit of story and place. He has illustrated hundreds of covers for many of the most popular books of the past few decades. Now, inspired by Katharine Lee Bates's classic verse, Minor gives readers his first picture book--beautiful visual accompaniment for an American standard. Traversing the entire nation, from the Empire State Building to the Grand Tetons, from the Alaskan coast to the Florida Everglades; encompassing multiple eras, from Pilgrims to wagon trains, from the Wright brothers to NASA, Minor takes us on a journey across land and time--literally from sea to shining sea. America the Beautiful Bates, Katherine Lee / Minor, Wendell, Puffin Books
Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
2005, ISBN: 0142403210, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Puffin Books, 48 Seiten, L=256mm, B=216mm, H=4mm, Gew.=200gr, [GR: 22830 - TB/Kinderbücher/Sachbücher/Naturwissensch./Technik], [SW: - Children's Books / Ages 4-8 Nonfiction], Kartoniert/Broschiert, Klappentext: Inspired by Bates's classic verse, Minor--a "quiet genius" who is a master at capturing the essence of the written word in vivid imagery--gives readers a beautiful visual accompaniment for a popular American standard. Full color. Inspired by Bates's classic verse, Minor--a "quiet genius" who is a master at capturing the essence of the written word in vivid imagery--gives readers a beautiful visual accompaniment for a popular American standard. Full color.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
An illustrated edition of the nineteenth-century poem, later set to music, celebrating the beauty of America. Books Books ~~ History~~ United States ~~ General America-the-Beautiful~~Wendell-Minor Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated Inspired by Bates's classic verse, Minor--a "quiet genius" who is a master at capturing the essence of the written word in vivid imagery--gives readers a beautiful visual accompaniment for a popular American standard. Full color.
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
America the Beautiful
Details of the book - America the Beautiful
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780142403211
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0142403210
Publishing year: 2005
Publisher: Puffin Books
Weight: 0,200 kg
Book in our database since 29.01.2008 15:52:59
Book found last time on 25.10.2016 00:27:47
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Firebirds: An Anthology of Original Fantasy and Science Fiction", from "Alexander, Lloyd; Farmer, Nancy; Pierce, Meredith Ann" (9780142403204)
- "The Night Journey", from "Lasky, Kathryn" (9780142403228)
- "The Barking Treasure Mystery", from "Adler, David A." (9780142403198)
- "Guitar Girl", from "Manning, Sarra" (9780142403181)
- "Across the Nightingale Floor, Episode 1: The Sword of the Warrior (Tales of the Otori)", from "Lian Hearn" (9780142403242)
- "The Trellis and the Seed: A Book of Encouragement for All Ages", from "Karon, Jan" (9780142403174)