The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars.Western literary study flows out of eighteenth-century works by Alexander Pope, Daniel Defoe, Henry Fielding, Frances Burney, Denis Diderot, Johann Gottfried Herder, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, and others. Experience the birth of the modern novel, or compare the development of language using dictionaries and grammar discourses. ++++The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:++++Source Library: British LibraryESTCID: T014886Notes: With a final leaf of advertisements for T. Johnson in The Hague. Also issued as part of: 'A collection of the best English plays', 1710-21, published by Johnson and as part of: 'The works of Mr William Congreve .. the fifth editton [sic]', London [i.e. TImprint: London [The Hague] : printed for T. Johnson, 1720. Collation: 93,p. ; 8° Books Books ~~ Language Arts~~ Linguistics ~~ General The-old-batchelour-a-comedy-Written-by-Mr-Congreve~~William-Congreve BiblioBazaar
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
2010, ISBN: 1170411045, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Gale Ecco, Print Editions, 104 Seiten, L=189mm, B=246mm, H=5mm, Gew.=200gr, [GR: 25610 - TB/Sprachwissenschaft/Allg. u. vergl. Sprachwiss.], [SW: - Language Arts / Linguistics / Literacy], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
The Old Batchelour, a Comedy. Written by Mr. Congreve.
Details of the book - The Old Batchelour, a Comedy. Written by Mr. Congreve.
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781170411049
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1170411045
Publishing year: 2010
Publisher: Gale Ecco, Print Editions
Weight: 0,200 kg
Book in our database since 12.02.2011 16:55:23
Book found last time on 09.10.2014 06:05:48
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Sir Harry Wildair. Being the Sequel of the Trip to the Jubilee. a Comedy. as It Is Acted at the Theatre-Royal in Drury-Lane, by Her Majesty's Servants", from "Farquhar, George" (9781170411032)
- "The Way of the World a Comedy. Writen by Mr. Congreve.", from "Congreve, William" (9781170411056)
- "The Constant Couple: Or, a Trip to the Jubilee. a Comedy. by Mr. George Farquhar.", from "Farquhar, George" (9781170411025)
- "Fatal Curiosity: A True Tragedy. by Mr. Lillo. the Second Edition.", from "Lillo, George" (9781170411063)
- "Sop. a Comedy. with the Addition of a Second Part. Written by Mr. Vanbrug [Sic].", from "Vanbrugh, John" (9781170411018)
- "The Sultan: Or, a Peep Into the Seraglio. a Farce, in Two Acts. by Isaac Bickerstaff. Taken from the Manager's Book, at the Theatr", from "Bickerstaff, Isaac" (9781170411070)