The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars.The Age of Enlightenment profoundly enriched religious and philosophical understanding and continues to influence present-day thinking. Works collected here include masterpieces by David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as well as religious sermons and moral debates on the issues of the day, such as the slave trade. The Age of Reason saw conflict between Protestantism and Catholicism transformed into one between faith and logic -- a debate that continues in the twenty-first century.++++The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:++++British LibraryT104438With an half-title.London : printed by J. Bettenham, and sold by T. Cooper, 1740. ,72p. ; 8° Books Books ~~ Religion~~ History Experimental-philosophy-asserted-and-defended-against-some-late-attempts-to-undermine-it~~See-Notes-Multiple-Contributors Gale ECCO, Print Editions
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
2010, ISBN: 1170235077, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Gale Ecco, Print Editions, 84 Seiten, L=189mm, B=246mm, H=4mm, Gew.=168gr, [GR: 25420 - TB/Religion/Theologie/Allgemeines/Lexika], [SW: - Religion - Commentaries / Reference], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Experimental Philosophy Asserted and Defended, Against Some Late Attempts to Undermine It.
Details of the book - Experimental Philosophy Asserted and Defended, Against Some Late Attempts to Undermine It.
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781170235072
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1170235077
Publishing year: 2010
Publisher: Gale Ecco, Print Editions
Weight: 0,168 kg
Book in our database since 17.02.2011 11:21:40
Book found last time on 09.10.2014 06:03:11
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "A Vindication of Dr. Snape, in Answer to Several Libels Lately Publish'd Against Him. with Some Further Remarks on the Bishop of Bangor's Sermon", from "Multiple Contributors, See Notes" (9781170235065)
- "An Explanation of Some Passages in Dr. Binckes's Sermon Preached Before the Lower House of Convocation, January the 30th, 1701/2. with Part of a Serm", from "Multiple Contributors, See Notes" (9781170235089)
- "An Admonition Merry and Wise to the Famous Mr. Tr---------P, on His Late Encomiums Upon the Bishop of Bangor. for the Use of Young Divines. by Sir Ja", from "Multiple Contributors, See Notes" (9781170235058)
- "Letters to the Inhabitants of Wigan, Occasioned by the Reverend Mr. Fawel's Discourse on the Divinity of Jesus Christ. ... Volume 1 of 2", from "Multiple Contributors, See Notes" (9781170235096)
- "An Address to the Gentlemen Who Are Deputed from the Several Congregations of Protestant Dissenters, to Attend the Report of the Committee Relating t", from "Multiple Contributors, See Notes" (9781170235041)
- "Letters to the Inhabitants of Wigan, Occasioned by the Reverend Mr. Fawel's Discourse on the Divinity of Jesus Christ. ... Volume 2 of 2", from "Multiple Contributors, See Notes" (9781170235102)