1972, ISBN: 0882020080
[EAN: 9780882020082], Gebraucht, sehr guter Zustand, [PU: Science History Publications, New York, NY, U.S.A.], SCIENCE, REFERENCE BOOK, ASTRONOMY, PHYSICS, MEDICINE, INSTRUMENTATION, ANTHROPOLOGY, SOCIOLOGY, NON-FICTION, EXPLORERS, MATHEMATICS, TYCHO BRAHE, COPERNICUS, GALILEO, NEWTON, KEPLER, CHEMISTRY, GEOMETRY, Jacket, Green cloth on boards. Owners bookplate on fep. Volume is lightly worn on the edges. Jacket shows slight edgewear. "The Western scientific advances of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries rank among the greatest creative changes in Western world history: they reshaped man's view of the universe and of his own place in it. At first the new ideas were understood only by the educated minority of the western European population, but it was that minority which was the dynamic element in the society of the time, exercising a profound influence on religion, government, economic life and literature, all of which were affected by the new science. By the end of the seventeenth century educated men were living in a different world from their predecessors in 1500."
UNCLE BOOKS, Burbank, CA, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 10.59
McGraw-Hill/Dushkin. Used - Good. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. 100% Money Back Guarantee. Shipped to over one million happy customers. Your purchase benefits world literacy!, McGraw-Hill/Dushkin, Used, Good. Satisfaction Guaranteed. Shipped quickly., Used, Good. Satisfaction Guaranteed. Shipped quickly.
Better World Books, Winter Ventures Inc, Winter Ventures Inc
Shipping costs: EUR 12.55
Science and Society in the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries
Details of the book - Science and Society in the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780882020082
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0882020080
Publishing year: 1972
Book in our database since 07.12.2007 20:41:26
Book found last time on 17.06.2014 12:00:43
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "The Milky Way: An Elusive Road for Science", from "Stanley L. Jaki" (0882020072)
- "Evolution of Radio Astronomy (Histories of science series)", from "James Stanley Hey" (0882020099)
- "Galileo's intellectual revolution: Middle period, 1610-1632", from "William R Shea" (0882020064)
- "Science and Creation: From Eternal Cycles to an Oscillating Universe", from "Stanley L. Jaki" (0882020102)
- "Nature and the American mind: Louis Agassiz and the culture of science", from "Edward Lurie" (0882020110)
- "Turning points in Western technology; a study of technology science and history", from "D. S. L. Cardwell" (0882020048)