1997, ISBN: 0880117648
[EAN: 9780880117647], [PU: Human Kinetics Publishers], Medical|Cardiology, Medical|Physiology, Education|Physical Education, Education|Teaching Methods & Materials|General, This Book is in Good Condition. Clean Copy With Light Amount of Wear. 100% Guaranteed. Summary: Heart rate monitors (HRMs) are making it easier than ever before for both students and teachers to be fully accountable. They allow students to become responsible for their individual efforts and enable teachers to objectively determine each student's progress toward personal fitness goals. Lessons From the Heart shows you how to use this technology to enrich and individualize your physical education program.Veteran physical educator Beth Kirkpatrick, former NASPE Teacher of the Year, and Burt Birnbaum, who has been developing programs for the use of HRMs in education since 1977, present 38 practical lesson plans designed to stimulate student learning and motivation through the use of HRMs. All of the lessons have interdisciplinary applications, and many of them include reproducible worksheets. To make it easy for you to incorporate the lessons into your class, each lesson includes- goals,- key concepts,- materials needed,- a description of the activity, and- helpful teaching tips.Lessons From the Heart also provides essential background information about the structure and function of the heart, methods for measuring heart rate, and the use of heart rate monitors in the classroom. The book's valuable appendices give you quick instructions for using heart rate monitors, information on meeting NASPE's physical education content standards, tips for securing funding for heart rate monitors, and guidelines for curriculum development.Whether you're currently using HRMs in your program or just exploring their potential, Lessons From the Heart will show you how to take full advantage of this technology.
Book Deals, Lewiston, NY, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
Shipping costs: EUR 68.42
Used, Good. Satisfaction Guaranteed. Shipped quickly.
Winter Ventures Inc
Shipping costs: EUR 15.58
Lessons from the Heart: Individualizing Physical Education with Heart Rate Monitors
Details of the book - Lessons from the Heart: Individualizing Physical Education with Heart Rate Monitors
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780880117647
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0880117648
Publishing year: 1997
Publisher: Human Kinetics Publishers
Book in our database since 24.03.2007 12:59:07
Book found last time on 06.08.2015 14:08:15
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "New York Running Guide", from "McCullough, Bob; McCullough, Robert; Jaffe, Miles" (0880117656)
- "Precision Woods and Long Iron Shots (Precision Golf Series)", from "Daniel McDonald, Richard A. Goodman" (0880117664)
- "Psychology for Physical Educators", from "Yves Vanden Auweele, Frank Bakker, Stuart Biddle, Marc Durand, Roland Seiler" (0880117613)
- "Coaching Speed Video (VHS)", from "Human Kinetics" (9780880117678)
- "Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers: Performance Enchancement and Social Drugs", from "Human Kinetics" (0880117605)
- "Swimming Drills for Every Stroke: 91 Drills for Competitive Swimming", from "Ruben J. Guzman" (0880117699)