David Stuartas critically acclaimed first volume, "The Guaymas Chronicles: La Mandadera" (Southwest Books of the Year 2003, Albuquerque Alibi best book of 2003), told a little girlas story and a very personal tale of love set in Guaymas, Mexico, a fishing port and vacation destination located on Mexicoas Sea of Cortez, about four hundred miles south of Tucson. "Zone of Tolerance," is about the abig girlsa of the 1970s Guaymas night club district and the conflicting needs, wants, realities, and illusions at the core of the "viejasa" (aworkinga girlsa) lives. Stuart focuses on the exotic fallen angels of the once fabled Club RA-o Rita in Guaymasas Zona de Tolerancia (red-light district). Moving, funny, and at times tragic, the layered dimensions of their world are mesmerizing. He also continues the stories of his working class friends and compadres in Guaymas, some closer to him than his stateside family. Their struggles with life on the streets provide a rich and uplifting counterpoint to daily life in the Zona. "Zone of Tolerance" is important, not only for its human and historical context, but precisely because it is a snapshot of a long-gone, little known slice of Mexican life. In this volume, as in the first, Stuart brings his unique perspective to bear on people seldom written about and a world rarely revealed. Zone of Tolerance Stuart, David E. / Evans, Max A sequel to Stuart's "The Guaymas Chronicles," this features Guaymas, Mexico's, red light district in the 1970s and the complex characters who inhabit it.
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
2005, ISBN: 0826338283, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: UNIV OF NEW MEXICO, 296 Seiten, L=214mm, B=151mm, H=32mm, Gew.=516gr, [GR: 15590 - HC/Geschichte/Sonstiges], [SW: - History - General History], Gebunden, Klappentext: A sequel to Stuart's "The Guaymas Chronicles," this features Guaymas, Mexico's, red light district in the 1970s and the complex characters who inhabit it. A sequel to Stuart's "The Guaymas Chronicles," this features Guaymas, Mexico's, red light district in the 1970s and the complex characters who inhabit it.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Zone of Tolerance The Guaymas Chronicles Author :David E. Stuart 9780826338280 0826338283, [PU: University of New Mexico Press]
new Shipping costs: EUR 0.00
Zone of Tolerance
Details of the book - Zone of Tolerance
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780826338280
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0826338283
Publishing year: 2005
Publisher: UNIV OF NEW MEXICO
Weight: 0,516 kg
Book in our database since 06.12.2007 11:08:09
Book found last time on 11.06.2015 09:57:10
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "A Navajo/English Bilingual Dictionary: Alchini Bi Naaltsoostsoh", from "Neundorf, Alyse" (9780826338259)
- "Breaking Through Mexico's Past: Digging the Aztecs with Eduardo Matos Moctezuma", from "Carrasco, David; Lujan, Leonardo Lopez; Moctezuma, Eduardo Matos" (9780826338310)
- "Ropes, Reins, and Rawhide: All about Rodeo", from "Groves, Melody" (9780826338228)
- "Pottery and Practice: The Expression of Identity at Pottery Mound and Hummingbird Pueblo", from "Eckert, Suzanne L." (9780826338341)
- "Creating Charismatic Bonds in Argentina: Letters to Juan and Eva Peron (Diálogos Series)", from "Donna J. Guy" (9780826338372)
- "Native Brazil: Beyond the Convert and the Cannibal, 1500-1900 (Dialogos)", from "Hal Langfur" (0826338410)