A history of the forgotten third battle of 1066, the battlefield of which until recently remained undiscovered. Three weeks and three days before the epic clash at Hastings in 1066 between Harold II and William of Normandy, a battle of the same size and scale took place just south of York at Fulford. Harald Hardrada, king of Norway, in alliance with Tostig, Harold II's brother, invaded with 300 ships, sailing up the Ouse just south of York. Edwin and Morcar, Harold's brother-in-law and earls of Mercia and Northumbria, gave battle at Fulford. This site has been forgotten, and largely undisturbed, for almost a thousand years. Charles Jones's book investigates the complex events that forced King Harold II of England to divide his army in order to defend his new kingdom from the invasions he expected in the north and the south. History History eBook The battlefield had been forgotten, and largely undisturbed, for almost a thousand years.
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
2007, ISBN: 0752443267, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: HISTORY PRESS TEMPUS PUBLISHIN, L=22mm, B=124mm, H=198mm, Gew.=278gr, Kartoniert/Broschiert, Klappentext: The battlefield had been forgotten, and largely undisturbed, for almost a thousand years. The battlefield had been forgotten, and largely undisturbed, for almost a thousand years.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Forgotten Battle of 1066, Fulford
Details of the book - Forgotten Battle of 1066, Fulford
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780752443263
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0752443267
Publishing year: 2007
Publisher: HISTORY PRESS TEMPUS PUBLISHIN
Weight: 0,278 kg
Book in our database since 12.02.2008 02:07:44
Book found last time on 17.03.2015 17:24:58
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Soldiers of Gloucestershire and North Bristol in the Somme", from "Thornicroft, Nick" (9780752443256)
- "Rolls-Royce from the Inside: The Humour, the Myths, the Truths", from "Abbiss, Reg" (9780752443249)
- "The Battlefields That Nearly Were: Defended England 1940", from "William Foot" (0752443283)
- "Arun Navigation", from "Vine, Paul" (9780752443232)
- "Pillboxes of Britain and Ireland", from "Osborne, Mike" (9780752443294)
- "Dry Cargo Barges on the Humber Waterways", from "Taylor, Mike" (9780752443225)