Gladstone''s second ministry was one of failure and frustration. Even Liberal apologists and the party faithful could find little more than the Reform Act to offset the record of disasters abroad or the disruption of Irishmen at home. For some it was sufficient, and 1884 was a landmark comparable to 1689. But this book is not a chronicle of electoral revolution; rather, it traces the purposes of politicians through those months when legislative activity was concentrated on Franchise and Redistribution. Light is shed on Gladstone''s control over both Cabinet and Commons, on Salisbury''s emergence as party leader from Conservative chaos after Disraeli''s death, and on the anti-democratic nature of Parnell''s party. The essential argument is that the British political world of the 1880s was a world unto itself. Dr Jones is concerned with the complex political interaction of personalities and groupings in this select society at a time of particular historical interest, when parties were on the eve of their fracture and realignment over Home Rule. Andrew Jones, Books, History, The Politics of Reform 1884 Books>History Gladstone's second ministry was one of failure and frustration.
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
2008, ISBN: 0521082811, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: CAMBRIDGE UNIV PR, 304 Seiten, L=140mm, B=216mm, H=17mm, Gew.=386gr, [GR: 25500 - TB/Geschichte], [SW: - History - General History], Kartoniert/Broschiert, Klappentext: Gladstone's second ministry was one of failure and frustration. Gladstone's second ministry was one of failure and frustration.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Andrew Jones,Paperback,Series: Cambridge Studies in the History and Theory of Politics Series, English-language edition,Pub by Cambridge University Press Books Books ~~ History~~ Europe ~~ Great Britain Politics-of-Reform-1884~~Andrew-Jones Cambridge University Press Gladstone's second ministry was one of failure and frustration.
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
The Politics of Reform 1884
Details of the book - The Politics of Reform 1884
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780521082815
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0521082811
Publishing year: 2008
Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIV PR
Weight: 0,386 kg
Book in our database since 20.10.2008 23:20:25
Book found last time on 20.03.2015 02:20:55
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Revolution Politicks: The Career of Daniel Finch Second Earl of Nottingham, 1647-1730", from "Horwitz, Henry" (9780521082808)
- "The Durham Report and British Policy: A Critical Essay", from "Martin, GED" (9780521082822)
- "The Politics Naval of Supremacy", from "Graham, R.; Graham, Gerald S." (9780521082792)
- "The Legal Framework of English Feudalism: The Maitland Lectures Given in 1972", from "Milsom, S. F. C." (9780521082839)
- "Three French Writers and the Great War: Studies in the Rise of Communism and Fascism", from "Field, Frank" (9780521082785)
- "Liable to Floods: Village Landscape on the Edge of the Fens A D 450 1850", from "Ravensdale, J. R." (9780521082846)