Oregon lawyer Barbara Holloway and her father, Frank, formerly her partner, find themselves on opposite sides in the murder of Gus Marchand, a case with two suspects. Kate Wilhelm gives this smoothly told version of "Beauty and the Beast" an interesting added dimension, since the relationship between the two equally hardheaded and talented lawyers has usually been collaborative, at least professionally. But when the school principal, who's Frank's client, dies under mysterious circumstances, Frank's determined not to let Barbara pin the blame on the dead woman in order to deflect attention from her own as-yet-unidentified client. By the time Frank learns that the defendant in question is Alex Feldman, a horribly disfigured and immensely secretive young man who was accused by Marchand of stalking his teenage daughter, the reader has begun to understand why Barbara is so convinced of Alex's innocence in Gus's death and so determined to protect him from public scrutiny. Alex is a man with a secret: was Frank's late client (and friend) killed to protect it? As usual, Wilhelm devises a clever plot and peoples it with a cast of well-developed, fully human and complex characters. There's Alex himself, who's found a way to cope with the circumstances of his disfigurement and the rage and bitterness that might otherwise have consumed him; Graham Minick, the elderly doctor who has been his friend and confidante since he was a teenager; and Shelley, Barbara's beautiful young ass contemporary,legal,literature and fiction,mystery,mystery thriller and suspense,romance,thrillers,women sleuths Thrillers, Minotaur Books
used Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
2001, ISBN: 031227663X
[EAN: 9780312276638], Gebraucht, sehr guter Zustand, [PU: Minotaur Books], Fiction|Legal, Fiction|Thrillers, Satisfaction Guaranteed. Shipped quickly. Hardcover. Dust jacket included. 1st Ed. Used, very good.
Winter Ventures, Red Lion, PA, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 8.76
Minotaur Books. Hardcover. 031227663X Item in good condition and ready to ship! . Good., Minotaur Books
Reuse Books LLC
Shipping costs: EUR 22.79
Used, Very Good. Satisfaction Guaranteed. Shipped quickly.
Winter Ventures Inc
Shipping costs: EUR 14.34
[EAN: 9780312276638], [PU: Minotaur Books], .
OwlsBooks, Toledo, OH, U.S.A.  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
Shipping costs: EUR 10.08
Desperate Measures (Barbara Holloway Novels)
Details of the book - Desperate Measures (Barbara Holloway Novels)
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780312276638
ISBN (ISBN-10): 031227663X
Publishing year: 2001
Publisher: Minotaur Books
Book in our database since 03.11.2007 22:06:32
Book found last time on 01.06.2016 07:25:56
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Murder in a Heat Wave: a Martha Patterson Mystery", from "Sprague, Gretchen" (0312276621)
- "East Coast Rooms: Portfolios of 31 Interior Designers and Architects", from "Kasabian, Anna" (0312276613)
- "Dr. Johnson's London: Coffee-Houses and Climbing Boys, Medicine, Toothpaste and Gin, Poverty and Press-Gangs, Freakshows and Female Education", from "Liza Picard" (0312276656)
- "Executing Justice: An Inside Account of the Case of Mumia Abu-Jamal", from "Daniel R. Williams, E. L. Doctorow" (0312276664)
- "The Anubis Slayings: A Story of Intrigue and Murder Set in Ancient Egypt", from "P. C. Doherty" (0312276583)
- "The Ingenious Mr. Fairchild: The Forgotten Father of the Flower Garden", from "Michael Leapman" (0312276680)