A smart, witty, and fresh look at the male side of the male-female relationship from a science writer at The Philadelphia Inquirer . In The Score , Faye Flam examines how the desire to "score" has profoundly shaped males over millions of years. Sweeping from the origin of the sexes to the sexual foibles of twenty-first-century humans, Flam, a science writer at The Philadelphia Inquirer , shows how a small difference in the size of the first sperm and eggs resulted in an evolutionary tradeoff that has affected both males and females. Because males of most species invest less in reproduction than females, they have to invest more up front to get sex-whether by jumping through hoops to prove that they'll be a good father, fighting to near death with rivals, or paying a couple thousand dollars for a class on how to pick up chicks la the pickup artists in Neil Strauss's The Game . Within this tug-of-war context, Flam explores a wide range of male behaviors and courtship strategies and ultimately reveals that males have been shaped by competing for the preferences of the female sex. But after all this sex-propelled evolution, we're still stuck in a troublesome suspension between monogamy and promiscuity-and it's this tension that explains the contradictions of the modern man. Social Science Social Science, Penguin Publishing Group
Shipping costs:plus verzendkosten, plus shipping costs
2009, ISBN: 1583333495, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: AVERY PUB GROUP, 212 Seiten, L=209mm, B=141mm, H=14mm, Gew.=195gr, [GR: 25340 - TB/Theoretische Psychologie], [SW: - Psychology], Kartoniert/Broschiert, Klappentext: "The Score" is a smart, witty, and fresh look at the male side of the male-female relationship from a science writer and sex columnist at "The Philadelphia Inquirer." "The Score" is a smart, witty, and fresh look at the male side of the male-female relationship from a science writer and sex columnist at "The Philadelphia Inquirer."
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
PAPERBACK, Neubuch, 1583333495 XCITING PRICES JUST FOR YOU. Ships within 24 hours. Best customer service. 100% money back return policy., [PU: Avery Trade]
Churchville, PA, Qwestbooks
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
2009, ISBN: 9781583333495
Avery Trade, 2009-06-11. Reprint. Paperback. New. New, unread, unused and in perfect condition., Avery Trade, 2009-06-11
BEST BARGAIN BOOKS WHOLESALER, INC.
Shipping costs: EUR 45.00
Used, Very Good. Satisfaction Guaranteed. Shipped quickly.
Winter Ventures Inc
Shipping costs: EUR 12.24
The Score: The Science of the Male Sex Drive
Details of the book - The Score: The Science of the Male Sex Drive
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781583333495
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1583333495
Publishing year: 2009
Publisher: AVERY PUB GROUP
Weight: 0,195 kg
Book in our database since 10.03.2010 17:35:34
Book found last time on 23.08.2015 22:10:05
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "A Question of Freedom: A Memoir of Learning, Survival, and Coming of Age in Prison", from "R. Dwayne Betts" (1583333487)
- "Three Times the Love: Finding Answers and Hope for Our Triplets with Autism", from "Gaston, Lynn; Gaston, Randy" (9781583333501)
- "A Thousand Days of Wonder: A Scientist's Chronicle of His Daughter's Developing Mind", from "Fernyhough, Charles" (9781583333471)
- "Body Fat Solution", from "Tom Venuto" (9781583333518)
- "Retire Right: 8 Scientifically Proven Traits You Need for a Happy, Fulfilling Retirement", from "Fraunfelder, Frederick T.; Gilbaugh, James H. , Jr." (9781583333464)
- "Recetas Nutritivas Que Curan: Guia Practica de La a Hasta La Z Para Disfrutar de Una Burna Salud Convitaminas, Minerales, Hierbas y Suplementos Alim", from "Balch, Phyllis A.; Balch, Cnc" (9781583333525)