The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars.The Age of Enlightenment profoundly enriched religious and philosophical understanding and continues to influence present-day thinking. Works collected here include masterpieces by David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as well as religious sermons and moral debates on the issues of the day, such as the slave trade. The Age of Reason saw conflict between Protestantism and Catholicism transformed into one between faith and logic a debate that continues in the twenty-first century.++++The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:++++Source Library: William Andrews Clark Memorial Library (UCLA)ESTCID: N022133Notes: Imprint: London : printed for Thomas Parkhurst, 1705. Collation: ,45,p. ; 12° Books Books ~~ Religion~~ History A-serious-address-to-those-that-profane-the-Lords-Day~~See-Notes-Multiple-Contributors BiblioBazaar
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
2010, ISBN: 1170679064, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Gale Ecco, Print Editions, 54 Seiten, L=189mm, B=246mm, H=3mm, Gew.=113gr, [GR: 25420 - TB/Religion/Theologie/Allgemeines/Lexika], [SW: - Religion - Commentaries / Reference], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
A Serious Address to Those That Profane the Lords-Day.
Details of the book - A Serious Address to Those That Profane the Lords-Day.
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781170679067
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1170679064
Publishing year: 2010
Publisher: Gale Ecco, Print Editions
Weight: 0,113 kg
Book in our database since 13.11.2012 22:18:19
Book found last time on 09.10.2014 06:09:49
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Lay Baptism Invalid: Or, an Essay to Prove That Such Baptism Is Null and Void; Especially to Those Who Know That 'Twas Administer'd to Them", from "Laurence, R." (9781170679050)
- "The Holiness of Christian Churches: Set Forth in a Sermon Preach'd September 4, MDCCXIX. at the Consecration of the New Church at Sunderland. by Thoma", from "Mangey, Thomas" (9781170679074)
- "Good Works the Proper Fruit of Good-Will. Set Forth in a Sermon Preach'd at Pontefract, April 25. 1742. for the Benefit of the County-Hospital, or Inf", from "Warneford, Richard" (9781170679043)
- "The Holiness of Christian Churches: Set Forth in a Sermon Preach'd September 4, MDCCXIX. at the Consecration of the New Church at Sunderland. by Thoma", from "Mangey, Thomas" (9781170679081)
- "The Divine Institution of Bishops, Having Churches Consisting of Many Congregations, Examined by Scripture. by Alexander Lauder, ...", from "Lauder, Alexander" (9781170679036)
- "A Sermon Preached Before the Incorporated Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts; At Their Anniversary Meeting in the Parish-Chu", from "Herring, Thomas" (9781170679098)